Zachaldara SDH sans specialists, surgeons
UMER MAQBOOL DAR
Handwara, Dec 26: The sub-district hospital Zachaldara is deficient of specialists and surgeons forcing the patients to visit city hospitals for treatment.
“The medicos are unable to take care of patients suffering from serious ailments due to which they move towards the district and city hospital for treatment,” a resident, Abdul Ahad told Greater Kashmir adding the travel to the city aggravates the pain and miseries of patients.
Sources said the hospital also face dearth of doctors who were unable to do justice with large number of patients visiting the Out Patients Department daily.
They said these doctors allegedly attend duties for only two days and two nights during a week.
When contacted the block medical officer, Dr Muneer Khwaja admitted that four doctors were running the hospital. He also said that doctors attend duties for three days and three nights in a week as per roster.
Lastupdate on : Sat, 26 Dec 2009 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sat, 26 Dec 2009 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sun, 27 Dec 2009 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM NEWS
- JK’s special status under Art 370 to be restored: NC
- Bureaucrats seldom visit countryside: Tarigami
- Zachaldara SDH sans specialists, surgeons
- Provide admission to 20% students from BPL families: Peerzada to pvt schools
- Hyhama road condition troubles people
- Syed Mushtaq named chairman PCWF
- JK in grip of severe cold
- Varmul, Sopur to have mini-secretariats
- Fill vacant MPW posts: Sagar to admn
- Jama’at condemns members’ arrest
- EU Kashmir Centre has new executive
- Malik, Shahid visits Ronga’s residence
- Family visa now linked with salary in Saudi Arabia
- Zardari tampered with evidence: Mumtaz
‘Figures highest in hospital history’
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Dec 26: Around 5 lakh patients visited the Outpatient Department at SK Institute of Medical Sciences, Soura during the current year while 71,000 were attended at the Accident and Emergency Services More
‘It’s a fraud’
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Dec 26: National Panthers Party MLA and its chief spokesperson, Harsh Dev Singh today denounced the recently submitted Working Group report on centre-state relations describing it “preposterous More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Srinagar, Dec 26: The ruling National Conference today said repeated toppling of elected governments in Jammu and Kashmir was the reason why pro-people programmes could not be implemented in the state More
- GK Business
15 more ATMs in city by February
Srinagar, Dec 26: The HDFC Bank, India's second largest private sector bank in terms of net profit, will be opening seven more braches in J&K by June 2010 including two in Srinagar and one each in More