'Centre's policy to strengthen PSUs'
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Kochi, Oct 10: Describing reports that government was trying to privatise the public sector as a "malicious propaganda", Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee today said the Centre's policy was to strengthen PSUs and not weaken them.
Such propaganda is "far from truth", Mukherjee said in his inaugural address at the 29th national conference of the Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC), the trade union wing of the Congress, here.
The government's policy was clearly spelt out in the Congress manifesto and reiterated by President Pratibha Patil in her address to the 15th session of the Lok Sabha, the Minister said.
"Where is the question of weakening the public sector.
The policy of the government is quite clear. The policy of the government is to strengthen the public sector units," he said.
Lastupdate on : Sat, 10 Oct 2009 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sat, 10 Oct 2009 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sun, 11 Oct 2009 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM GK BUSINESS
- ‘Exploit new tourist markets’
- Drought hits 300 villages in Kup, affects 42000 families
- ‘Seed an essential input to enhance production’
- Decision on fertilizer quota release pending for 4 yrs
- Bajaj Auto launches RE600 cargo vehicle
- Minister inspects wool utilization project at Bagh Ali Mardan Khan
- Dr Deen is chairman BoD of SNOWCAP
- CCIK bereaved
- 'Increase cash withdrawal limit through ATMs to Rs 50000'
- Airtel organizes retailers’ meet
- Qasba reviews work at fruit mandis
- 'Centre's policy to strengthen PSUs'
- Edible oil prices firm up on fresh festive demand
- PNB to acquire bank in Kazakhstan
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Oct 10: The Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, in collaboration with the prestigious International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association, Indian More
PROTECTING KASHMIR STAG
Srinagar, Oct 10: The conservation of the endangered Kashmir Stag, locally known as Hangul, is likely to get major boost as the government of India has sanctioned Rs 20 crore project for the preservation More
- GK Business
CM inaugurates 2-day Kashmir Festival
Srinagar, Oct 10: Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah Saturday asked the J&K Tourism Department to shift its focus from the West to the East to get more foreign tourists to the state. “In order to More