8 killed in road mishaps in JK
Ramban/Jammu/Sringar, Oct 18: Four persons, including a constable of Indian Reserve Police, were killed when a tipper they were travelling veered off the road and fell into a gorge on Ramban-Gool road.
Two persons were killed and 22 others injured in separate road mishaps across Jammu region.
Police said four persons were killed when a tipper, 4434-JK01, skidded off the road and fell into a 250 feet deep gorge at Dharmkund on Ramban Gool road, Sunday afternoon.
The vehicle, it said, was on its way from Jammu to Sangaldan when it met with the accident.
He identified the dead as Purshutam Lal of Udhampur, constable IRP-D Company posted in Sangaldan, Irshad Hussain son of Abdul Gani of Daramkund, Ram Lal (conductor) son of Chuni Lal of Reasi and driver Krishan Lal son of Hiru of Reasi.
A woman was critically injured when she was hit by a Matador (JK02B-5240) in Kathua district. Another pedestrian, Sindha Singh son of Kartar Singh resident of Pindi Charakan, died on the spot when he was overrun by an unknown vehicle.
Two persons including a woman were killed and five others injured today in an accident on Srinagar-Jammu highway.
The incident took place this afternoon when an Islamabad-bound sports utility vehicle collided head-on with a truck at Barsu, 25 kms from here in Pulwama district, official sources said.
The deceased have been identified as driver of the SUV Ghulam Mohiuddin and woman passenger Afreen, the sources said, adding the injured were shifted to hospital where condition of three of them was stated to be critical.
The truck driver was arrested and a case was registered against him, they said.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 18 Oct 2009 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 19 Oct 2009 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM NEWS
- Chattisinghpora massacre: Witnesses turn hostile
- Suicide attack in Iran
- ‘US implicated in attack’
- HC directs govt to register FIR against Army
- Majlis fears cover-up in Shopian case
- 8 killed in road mishaps in JK
- Shortage of medicos in SDH Ganderbal
- Iqbal Nagar residents in Sopur demand CRPF withdrawal
- Pahalgam gets snow
- Strike hits patients hard
- Private hospitals make money
- SKIMS resident docs begin indefinite strike today
- Kupwara school upgradation draws flak
- JAH organises 2-day conference in Kulgam
- UNESCO lists genuine academic institutions
- 'UID to be mandatory'
- Autonomous body to regulate broadcasting sector: Soni
- US military plane detained, let off
- ‘SAARC should have common currency’
- Transit access to India test case: Bangladesh
- Navy scanning Gujarat coast
- Western climate data biased: Jairam Ramesh
- US hails allocation of N-plant sites by India
Srinagar, Oct 18: With mere two days left for the start of scheduled departure of Hajjis, the Hajj House at Bemina is yet to get ready for the annual event as heaps of dust could be seen around at the More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Jammu, Oct 18: Heath care services across the state remained paralysed as the agitation by junior doctors', demanding revision in their pay packages, entered the 15th day today. As junior doctors More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
New Delhi, Oct 18: Three witnesses, including a survivor, who had suffered bullet injuries during the Chattisinghpora massacre in south Kashmir, have turned hostile in a Delhi court and refused to identify More
- GK Business
Srinagar, Oct 18: Union home minister P Chidambaram’s recent assertion that centre may ban prepaid mobile service in J&K for “security reasons” has alarmed the Valley mobile subscribers. Many More