Zaffar arrested at Mirgund
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar: The Jammu Kashmir Salvation Movement chairman, Zaffar Akbar Bhat, was arrested on Monday near Mirgund while he was on his way to Varmul. He has been lodged in police station, Mirgund.
Meanwhile, the JKSM has strongly condemned the Zaffar’s arrest, terming it undemocratic. Zaffar along with Muhammad Yousuf Naqash, Hakim Abdul Rashid, Mushtaq Ahmad Sofi and Altaf Ahmad, was on his way to Varmul to visit the residence of Irfan Rasool, who recently martyred in police action, to extend condolence to the bereaved family.
Meanwhile, the Hurriyat Conference (M) chairman Mirwaiz Moulvi Muhammad Umar Farooq has strongly condemned the killing of a boy at Varmul, terming it a barbarous act by the police.
Mirwaiz expressed solidarity with the bereaved family.
Meanwhile, Ghulam Nabi Zaki of Hurriyat (M) visited Varmul and participated in the Rasm-e-Chaharum of the martyred boy and conveyed the condolence message of Mirwaiz to the bereaved family.
Lastupdate on : Mon, 5 Oct 2009 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 5 Oct 2009 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 6 Oct 2009 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM NEWS
- Social Science research showing declining trend: Prof Punjabi
- Conference of Indian Society for Buddhist Studies begins
- Mirwaiz visits Nayeem Khan at his residence
- Azad says never held meeting with Mehbooba, Baig
- Diploma engineers rue discrimination; threaten agitation
- Erratic power supply irks Langate people
- Vaccination for Hajj pilgrims of Varmul, Kup, Budgam
- ‘Murdered’ youth’s family seeks CM’s intervention
- Zaffar arrested at Mirgund
- APKCC invites Kashmiri leadership
- Hakim welcomes centre’s initiative on talks
- BOSE datesheet draws flak
- No second term for VCs: UGC
- People above 35 to be tested for diabetes: Azad
- 4 die in UN’s Pak office blast
- Pak gives anti-terror law more teeth
- Rain fury in Andhra, Karnataka; toll crosses 200
- Border security to be enhanced with 29 more BSF battalions
- GK regrets inadvertent error
HOUSEBOAT OWNERS, TOURISTS AGHAST; LAWDA SLEEPS
Srinagar, Oct 5: Notwithstanding its claims of taking measures of preventing drainage flow into waterbodies, sewage of Baghwanpora on the west end of Nigeen Lake is flowing into the lake as the Lakes and More
KASHMIR MEDICOS SAY NO STRIKE TILL OCT 22
Jammu, Oct 5: Despite the state government taking a tough stand over the strike called by Doctors Joint Action Committee, over 4000 junior doctors Monday began an indefinite strike in Jammu Medical College More
2-day national seminar begins at KU
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar Oct 5: Asserting that social science research was showing a declining trend in Jammu and Kashmir and other states, vice-chancellor Kashmir University Prof Riyaz Punjabi Monday said that not much More
- GK Business
Lack of communication, banking, currency exchange prove major handicaps
Srinagar, Oct 4: Even as the cross-LoC trade between AJK and Kashmir Valley is about to complete a year, a number of shortcomings continue to plague the trade that was started with much fanfare. While More