POLICE ARRESTS 3 YOUTH
Abduction Of Minor Girl In Kupwara
Kupwara, Oct 7: Three youth have been arrested by police in this north Kashmir district on charges of abducting and blackmailing a minor girl.
Police has registered a case against Sami u-Allah Bakhshi, Wasim Ahmad and Hilal Ahmad, residents of Kupwara town for kidnapping and blackmailing a minor girl of Trehgam.
According to the allegations leveled in the complaint lodged by the parents of the girl in police station Trehgam, Sami-u-Allah with the help of his friends forcibly undressed the girl and filmed her in nude.
The girl in her complaint through the parents alleged that the trio black mailed her by circulating her pictures.
Reacting to the complaint, police apprehended the trio and seized the objectionable material which was being circulated from their cellphones.
An FIR No-77/09 under Sections 363, 506,509 in Trehgam police station has been registered.
“We have arrested all the three accused and seized the mobile phones from their possession through which the porn pictures of minor girl were being circulated. Further investigations into the case are on and we expect more arrests,” said a police officer.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 7 Oct 2009 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 8 Oct 2009 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM NEWS
- Issue passport to Geelani’s grandson: High Court
- 57 hurt in Bandipora mishap
- Conference on Buddhist Studies concludes
- Separatists mourn Haider’s demise
- POLICE ARRESTS 3 YOUTH
- CM calls on Governor
- CBI roped in to shield Shopian culprits: DeM
- Chib for eradication of TB
- HC issues warrants against KVIB officals
- Signals from Delhi positive: Qureshi
- ‘Pak sees India as biggest threat’
- 'Pak unwilling to act against infiltrators'
- Pak army objects to Kerry-Lugar bill
- Obama convenes situation room meeting on Pak
- Seminar on Wildlife in Islamabad
- MLA Gurez visits Islamic University
- Register FIR against Musharraf: Court tells police
- Indian among three recipients
- Govt to streamline Municipal Act
- PDP reschedules self-rule seminars
- UJC reacts to AIMMF statement
Irks locals, poses threat to security, R&B sleeps
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Oct 7: How serious are authorities towards City development? Well watch it out on the Airport Road where the footpath is in a dilapidated condition for months even though it’s feared to pose More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Jammu, Oct 7: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad today demanded immediate abrogation of Article 370, which guarantees special status to Jammu and Kashmir. “This article has brought havoc for the country both More
Srinagar, Oct 7: The High Court on Wednesday directed the state government and passport office authorities to issue travel documents to the grandson of chairman Hurriyat Conference (G), Syed Ali Geelani More
- GK Business
Tourist arrivals to Kashmir suffered due to unfounded negative publicity of presence of Taliban: Minister
Srinagar, Oct 7: In an attempt to prolong the tourism season in the Kashmir Valley, the J&K Tourism Department will hold a two-day Kashmir festival from October 10. The festival will be a regular annual More