UJC reacts to AIMMF statement
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Oct 7: Reacting to the All India Muslim Minority Front’s statement terming the appointment of special envoy for Jammu and Kashmir by the OIC as interference in India’s internal affairs, the United Jihad Council has termed it meaningless as, according to it, AIMMF had no significance in the Muslim world.
In a statement faxed today from AJK, the UJC spokesman Syed Sadaqat Hussain said the Minority Front’ s statement betrayed its ignorance about historical background of Jammu and Kashmir and its present ground situation.
The UJC spokesman has expressed wonder over the statement of the AIMMF president Muhamamd Younis Sidiqui in which had said that Jammu and Kashmir was India’s integral part and Kashmir was India’s issue and that the OIC should not interfere in it.
“The Minority Front president has described J&K as an integral part of India and in the same breath termed the Kashmir as India’s issue. If it is integral part, how it then becomes an issue? Issue means disputed issue and the line dividing state is not India’s border but the ceasefire line. This issue exists in the charters of United Nations and NAM where India itself had taken it,” said Sadaqat.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 7 Oct 2009 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 8 Oct 2009 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM NEWS
- Issue passport to Geelani’s grandson: High Court
- 57 hurt in Bandipora mishap
- Conference on Buddhist Studies concludes
- Separatists mourn Haider’s demise
- POLICE ARRESTS 3 YOUTH
- CM calls on Governor
- CBI roped in to shield Shopian culprits: DeM
- Chib for eradication of TB
- HC issues warrants against KVIB officals
- Signals from Delhi positive: Qureshi
- ‘Pak sees India as biggest threat’
- 'Pak unwilling to act against infiltrators'
- Pak army objects to Kerry-Lugar bill
- Obama convenes situation room meeting on Pak
- Seminar on Wildlife in Islamabad
- MLA Gurez visits Islamic University
- Register FIR against Musharraf: Court tells police
- Indian among three recipients
- Govt to streamline Municipal Act
- PDP reschedules self-rule seminars
- UJC reacts to AIMMF statement
Irks locals, poses threat to security, R&B sleeps
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Oct 7: How serious are authorities towards City development? Well watch it out on the Airport Road where the footpath is in a dilapidated condition for months even though it’s feared to pose More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Jammu, Oct 7: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad today demanded immediate abrogation of Article 370, which guarantees special status to Jammu and Kashmir. “This article has brought havoc for the country both More
Srinagar, Oct 7: The High Court on Wednesday directed the state government and passport office authorities to issue travel documents to the grandson of chairman Hurriyat Conference (G), Syed Ali Geelani More
- GK Business
Tourist arrivals to Kashmir suffered due to unfounded negative publicity of presence of Taliban: Minister
Srinagar, Oct 7: In an attempt to prolong the tourism season in the Kashmir Valley, the J&K Tourism Department will hold a two-day Kashmir festival from October 10. The festival will be a regular annual More