Jaundice outbreak in Dardapora
Dardpora, Kupwara, Sept 25: At least nine persons were diagnosed jaundice by health officials in this remote hamlet in north Kashmir district of Kupwara.
According to locals, the use of contaminated water has triggered the outbreak in Dardapora area of Kralpora block.
“When the condition of some patients worsened, we took them to sub-district hospital Kralpora where doctors detected jaundice,” said Ghulam Mohiudin Khoja, a resident.
The worst affected spots are Pir Mohalla and Sheikh Mohalla where according to residents some 50 to 60 persons have been affected.
The block medical officer Kralpora, Dr Ghulam Hussain, told Greater Kashmir that several patients have been detected jaundice and on Thursday four were infected while on Friday the number of cases has doubled as nine more patients have been diagnosed of jaundice.
“We have dispatched a medical team to the affected area and are waiting for the report. If there is gradual increase in the disease, we will set up a camp in the area for the treatment,” he added.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 25 Sep 2009 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 25 Sep 2009 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 26 Sep 2009 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM NEWS
- SRTC employees form human chain to protest
- Struggle will continue on all fronts: Salah-ud-Din
- Police post attacked
- Jaundice outbreak in Dardapora
- Protests in Rafiabad over water shortage
- Azad Lone’s Fateh Khwani held
- Hangul Conservation, Markhore Recovery Projects
- Rousing welcome to Nayeem at his native village
- Dogs bite scores in Lolab
- Jr docs’ undecided over strike
- Hurriyat (M) for demilitarization, K-resolution
- Chib visits Islamic University
- Theatre workshop opens
- Omar sanctions Rs 32 lakh to 119 critically ill patients
- Farida welcomes Gaddafi’s statement
- Teachers Forum condole demise of Hamida Khanum
- No question of signing NPT, CTBT: India
Dr Farooq Abdullah for skill training of schoolchildren
GK CITY CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, Sept 25: Amid Muslim -Sikh brotherhood the newly constructed building of Khalsa High School Srinagar was inaugurated by Union Minister and National Conference president Dr Farooq Abdullah Friday More
Srinagar, Sept 25: The State Road Transport Corporation employees on Friday formed a human chain as a mark to protest. Hand in hand, employees formed the chain which commenced near SRTC headquarters More
- GK Business
Mission starts from Gurez
GK NEWS NETWORK
Gurez, Sept 25: Union Minister for New and Renewable Energy, Dr. Farooq Abdullah today dedicated solar home lighting systems to the people of this tehsil. The lights will illuminate 3900 households in More