Offer prayers at Tehsil headquarters today: Geelani
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Aug 12: Chairman of Hurriyat Conference (G) Syed Ali Shah Geelani has urged the people to offer congregational Friday prayers at Tehsil headquarters as a mark of protests over the civilian killings in the Valley.
In a statement, Geelani also appealed the people to stage peaceful protests after Friday prayers till 4 pm. The veteran leader castigated the authorities for imposing curfew and restrictions to thwart the peaceful protests.
He accused the police of harassing the volunteers who are gathering relief for the people. “On the Israeli pattern, the authorities are not even allowing the distribution of the relief. This is condemnable and inhuman act,” he said.
Geelani asked the people to observe August 15 as a black day. “On August 14, the people should pray for peace and prosperity of Pakistan and renew their pledge to carry the movement to its logical conclusion,” he said.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 12 Aug 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 13 Aug 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Farukh’s killing shatters Bukhari family
- Asifa fights besides her injured fiancé
- Offer prayers at Tehsil headquarters today: Geelani
- Mirwaiz calls for Jamia Masjid chalo today
- 'DR QASIM BEING TREATED AS CRIMINAL IN JIC'
- Observe shutdown on Aug 15: JKLF
- Little Zainab yearns for father’s release
- Police disallowing us to meet: Families
- HC reserves judgment
- Malik shifted to Escorts hospital for treatment
- Markets witness heavy rush
- Lawyers protest against detention of Qayoom, Shaheen
- Crackdown intensified on youth: Aasiya
- Govt asks employees to attend I-day function
- Tara for augmenting resources of Local Bodies
- Killings slur on rulers’ face: Karate
- Flood damages school building, road
- Hakim asks GoI to resolve K-issue
- Autonomy, self-rule no solutions to K-issue: PFL
- Consumers to get addl 1kg sugar in Ramadan
- Deposit passports: State Hajj Committee
HE WAS BUNDLED IN RAKSHAK VEHICLE: EYEWITNESS
UMER MAQBOOL DAR
Kreeri, (Varmul) Aug 12: Family members of 19-year old Farukh Bukhari, whose body was recovered from Choora village in north Kashmir’s Varmul district on Tuesday, are inconsolable. Farukh, More
Jammu, Aug 12: After more than 20 years, Bharatiya Janata Party has again given a call for Lal Chowk Chalo on August 15 to hoist the tricolor at the historic Chowk. The party has claimed that about More
- South Asia
URGES UN TO CALL EMERGENCY SESSION
NISAR AHMED THOKAR
Islamabad, Aug 12: Voicing its full support to the ongoing peaceful struggle in Kashmir, the AJK cabinet met on Thursday and passed a unanimous resolution denouncing what it termed as the gross human rights More