Tara for augmenting resources of Local Bodies
Srinagar, Aug 12: Deputy Chief Minister, Tara Chand, today said the resource augmentation and income generation should be the prime objectives of Local Bodies of the State.
He said this while chairing a meeting of Executive Officers of Local Bodies/Municipal Committees of the Valley.
Calling for bettering income generation capabilities of the Municipal Committees (MCs), Tara Chand said local self government should focus their attention on developing resource capabilities so that income generation can be enhanced and these MCs become resource surplus.
He said that full transparency should be maintained while allotting different facilities to the private parties and open auctions should be done for these allotments.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 12 Aug 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 13 Aug 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Farukh’s killing shatters Bukhari family
- Asifa fights besides her injured fiancé
- Offer prayers at Tehsil headquarters today: Geelani
- Mirwaiz calls for Jamia Masjid chalo today
- 'DR QASIM BEING TREATED AS CRIMINAL IN JIC'
- Observe shutdown on Aug 15: JKLF
- Little Zainab yearns for father’s release
- Police disallowing us to meet: Families
- HC reserves judgment
- Malik shifted to Escorts hospital for treatment
- Markets witness heavy rush
- Lawyers protest against detention of Qayoom, Shaheen
- Crackdown intensified on youth: Aasiya
- Govt asks employees to attend I-day function
- Tara for augmenting resources of Local Bodies
- Killings slur on rulers’ face: Karate
- Flood damages school building, road
- Hakim asks GoI to resolve K-issue
- Autonomy, self-rule no solutions to K-issue: PFL
- Consumers to get addl 1kg sugar in Ramadan
- Deposit passports: State Hajj Committee
HE WAS BUNDLED IN RAKSHAK VEHICLE: EYEWITNESS
UMER MAQBOOL DAR
Kreeri, (Varmul) Aug 12: Family members of 19-year old Farukh Bukhari, whose body was recovered from Choora village in north Kashmir’s Varmul district on Tuesday, are inconsolable. Farukh, More
Jammu, Aug 12: After more than 20 years, Bharatiya Janata Party has again given a call for Lal Chowk Chalo on August 15 to hoist the tricolor at the historic Chowk. The party has claimed that about More
- South Asia
URGES UN TO CALL EMERGENCY SESSION
NISAR AHMED THOKAR
Islamabad, Aug 12: Voicing its full support to the ongoing peaceful struggle in Kashmir, the AJK cabinet met on Thursday and passed a unanimous resolution denouncing what it termed as the gross human rights More