Bar condemns killings
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Aug 13: The High Court Bar Association has condemned the ongoing spate of killings by police and paramilitary CRPF across the Valley and has appealed people to observe August 15, as ‘Black Day’.
“Kashmiris have been denied their birth right to decide their future. India claims to be a democracy and is going to celebrate its Independence Day on Sunday. In order to register our protest and to draw the attention of world community Kashmiris should observe August, 15 as Black Day,” said the vice-president of Bar Association, Ejaz Bedar in a statement.
“Prime Minister and the Home Minister are issuing irresponsible statements on Kashmir. These are aimed at misleading international community,” the statement said.
“The Bar Association had decided to continue with its incumbent executive committee till the release of its president Mian Abdul Qayoom and general secretary, G N Shaheen,” it added.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 13 Aug 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 14 Aug 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- ‘ATROCITIES FORCE YOUTH TO PELT STONES’
- Anarchy has made forces unaccountable: Mehbooba
- GEELANI SYMBOL OF STRUGGLE: SALAHUDDIN
- Bar condemns killings
- Bandipore remembers 4 youth
- UHQ MEETING POSTPONED
- Militant killed, trooper succumbs
- 2 killed, 7 hurt in road mishaps
- Govt to strengthen transport sector in JK
- SVO books 4 R&B engineers
- Pharmacists appeal for donation
- August 14 historic day: Masrat
- Master GN Nabi passes away
- Dy sec home bereaved
- BHS Narwara staff mourn demise
Srinagar, Aug 13: Hilal Ahmad Rather, 22, of Jablipora Bijbehara, who received two bullets fired by paramilitary CRPF troopers on August 1 and is battling for life in the ward no.16-A of SMHS hospital More
SYED AMJAD SHAH
Jammu, Aug 13: Police have intensified night patrol and Naka checking across the Jammu city and its outskirts, including sensitive places like airport railway station and bus stand ahead of More
- South Asia