With bullet in chest,Irshad refused to break fast
Islamabad, Aug 14: Irshad Ahmad Latoo (35) son of late Abdul Gaffar Latoo was waiting for Iftaar (to break fast) outside his home when a bullet hit his chest.
“Although he was offered water by attendants near him Irshad refused saying that he is fasting and cannot break his fast before the stipulated time. Alas! He never heard the call for Iftaar and died just minutes before breaking the fast,” eyewitnesses told Greater Kashmir.
Irshad,an employee in Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution Department, according to his neighbours was toiling hard to get his both ends meet and got married 2 years back.He has a 9 month old baby.
Though Irshad was himself orphaned at an early age but would have never even in his worst of dreams thought that his newly born baby would end with the same fate.
Lastupdate on : Sat, 14 Aug 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sun, 15 Aug 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM FRONTPAGE
- Bullets for Iftaar
- COPS BEAT PEOPLE INSIDE HAZRATBAL SHRINE
- With bullet in chest,Irshad refused to break fast
- GK, Uzma copies seized
- Bakshi Stadium sealed for I-Day parade
- STOP EXCESSES IN KASHMIR: PAK TO INDIA
- Police bows to Saffron Brigade
- SPF activists arrested
- Cops disallowed youth’s burial for 2 days
- ‘Fake cheques’ for fake encounter victims?
- Guv for restoration of normalcy
- PM’s autonomy offer a historic opportunity: Omar
- Raj Bhavan volunteers ambulance
Bar Threatens Protests After Wednesday
Srinagar, Aug 14: The High Court Bar Association Saturday threatened it would take to roads if the state government won’t release its president Mian Abdul Qayoom and general secretary G N Shaheen till More
Board Exams As Per Schedule: Peerzada
Jammu, Aug 14: The Minister for School Education Peerzada Muhammad Sayeed on Saturday said that all the board examinations would be held as per schedule. “All the board exams shall be held as per the schedule More
- South Asia