Bears on prowl in B’pora villages
Pazalpora (Bandipora), Aug 19: The wild bears are on prowl in north Kashmir’s Bandipora district for last three days wounding several villagers.
Residents of Quil, Mantrigam Pazalpora, Sonarwani, Madar, Gundbal, Raga, Nadhilal villages told Greater Kashmir that 12 persons including 60-year-old woman was wounded in bear attacks.
“We are confined within our houses not due to curfew or curbs, but due to fear of bear. We don’t venture out of homes in daytime,” said Mushtaq Ahmed Rafiqi.
The residents accused wildlife authorities of putting their lives in danger by not coming to their rescue. “We approached them umpteenth times, but our repeated pleas have fallen on deaf ears,” they said.
When contacted, Wild Life Warden North Raouf Zargar said, they have rushed teams and were setting up bait traps to curb the bear attacks in these villages.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 19 Aug 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 19 Aug 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 20 Aug 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- JK Bank annual report wins 3 vision awards in US
- 90% schools functional: Peerzada
- BOSE to set single paper for class 10th, 12th
- OUT WITH PEPPER GUNS TO QUELL PROTESTS
- CM approves 4-multi storey parking lots in Sgr city
- Geelani’s grandson in custody for past 19 days
- North Kashmir out of bounds for newspaper distributors
- Sikhs resolve to fight communalism
- Bears on prowl in B’pora villages
- Kashmiri students' arrest
- Govt trying to malign Aasiya: Masarat Alam
- Mughal Road to be opened by Oct: Minister
- Muslims perform last rites of Pandit
- Charri Mubarak reaches Pahalgam
- Gastroenteritis kills 2 in Budgam
- Kashmiri students discuss Azadi in New Delhi
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Aug 19: J&K Bank’s Annual Report 2008-09 has won three awards at the prestigious LACP 2009 Vision Awards – the world’s largest award programme for Annual Reports, organized by California More