BOSE to set single paper for class 10th, 12th
Srinagar, Aug 19: The Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education on Thursday said that it has decided to introduce single paper system for class 10th and 12th examination.
A BOSE spokesman said that there would be wider choice for the current academic session-2010 as one time exception in Kashmir division only. “The question paper will have wider choice and the student will be able to attempt 100 per cent weightage in the paper even if he/she has studied 50 per cent of the syllabus prescribed for the course,” spokesman said.
“For class 11th examination a written test based on the T-1 syllabus shall be held and for T-2 syllabus as has been taught in the class,” he said.
Similarly, for class 12th examination, there will be one question paper instead of paper-A and Paper-B in each subject. One question paper will have two sections. i.e. A and B. Section-A will have question Paper-A having syllabus of Paper-A only and section-B will have question paper-B having syllabus of paper-B only.
The students will have choice to attempt any of the questions of 100% weightage. The student can attempt 100% weightage either from Section-A or Section-B or both. Thus, students having prepared syllabus either A or B or in combination of A and B shall be able to attempt 100% weightage and get at least 50% concession in the syllabus.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 19 Aug 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 19 Aug 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 20 Aug 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- JK Bank annual report wins 3 vision awards in US
- 90% schools functional: Peerzada
- BOSE to set single paper for class 10th, 12th
- OUT WITH PEPPER GUNS TO QUELL PROTESTS
- CM approves 4-multi storey parking lots in Sgr city
- Geelani’s grandson in custody for past 19 days
- North Kashmir out of bounds for newspaper distributors
- Sikhs resolve to fight communalism
- Bears on prowl in B’pora villages
- Kashmiri students' arrest
- Govt trying to malign Aasiya: Masarat Alam
- Mughal Road to be opened by Oct: Minister
- Muslims perform last rites of Pandit
- Charri Mubarak reaches Pahalgam
- Gastroenteritis kills 2 in Budgam
- Kashmiri students discuss Azadi in New Delhi
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Aug 19: J&K Bank’s Annual Report 2008-09 has won three awards at the prestigious LACP 2009 Vision Awards – the world’s largest award programme for Annual Reports, organized by California More