CM approves 4-multi storey parking lots in Sgr city
Asks officers to identify land for township
Srinagar, Aug 19: The Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah on Thursday approved four multi storey parking lots for the city and asked the officers to identify land in its periphery to develop a modern township with all amenities and facilities.
A committee headed by the Principal Secretary to the CM will undertake this task within 15 days, an official communiqué said.
Giving nod to the proposal for parking lots, Omar said to decongest the roads and help smooth traffic movement, it was imperative that we have sufficient parking in the city.
Reviewing projects under execution in city at a meeting here, Omar stressed on coordinated approach in accomplishing the works within stipulated time.
He said the executing agencies should consider all aspects while formulating DPRs for the projects. “Focus should be on rehabilitation and relocation of those whose houses and commercial structures are acquired for these projects”, he added.
Reviewing the proposed Rs. 243.6 crore four lane expressway and flyover from Dalgate to Rambagh, Omar directed for integrating the existing flyover with the proposed elevated expressway making straight connection between Amira Kadal bridge and Airport road its part.
Omar who has already approved Rs 60 crores for macadamization of Srinagar city roads emphasized the need for completing all 125 roads identified for the purpose before October.
Omar reviewed the construction of community halls, beautification of Jhelum Bund, installation of street lights, beautification of shrines, progress on Syed Merak Shah and Khanyar-Zadibal-Pandach road projects under execution at a cost of Rs 336.24 crores and Rs. 235 crores respectively.
Omar asked the officers to expedite the work on Super Specialty Hospital.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 19 Aug 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 19 Aug 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 20 Aug 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- JK Bank annual report wins 3 vision awards in US
- 90% schools functional: Peerzada
- BOSE to set single paper for class 10th, 12th
- OUT WITH PEPPER GUNS TO QUELL PROTESTS
- CM approves 4-multi storey parking lots in Sgr city
- Geelani’s grandson in custody for past 19 days
- North Kashmir out of bounds for newspaper distributors
- Sikhs resolve to fight communalism
- Bears on prowl in B’pora villages
- Kashmiri students' arrest
- Govt trying to malign Aasiya: Masarat Alam
- Mughal Road to be opened by Oct: Minister
- Muslims perform last rites of Pandit
- Charri Mubarak reaches Pahalgam
- Gastroenteritis kills 2 in Budgam
- Kashmiri students discuss Azadi in New Delhi
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Aug 19: J&K Bank’s Annual Report 2008-09 has won three awards at the prestigious LACP 2009 Vision Awards – the world’s largest award programme for Annual Reports, organized by California More