3 killed in mishaps
Banihal, Aug 25: Three persons were killed in mishaps on Srinagar-Jammu highway on Wednesday.
A husband-wife duo was killed when the vehicle they were travelling in skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge at Nachla, 10 kilometers away from Banihal town. The deceased were identified as Ravi Koul and Sweeta Koul and were Kashmiri Pandits staying in Jammu.
In another incident, a man was killed and two others wounded when their vehicle came under shooting stones near Ramban.
The deceased was identified as Mushtaq Ahmed of Noorbagh Sopur.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 25 Aug 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 25 Aug 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 26 Aug 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Omar got Rs 500 cr kickback in Rattle: PDP
- Allegations against CM baseless: Rather
- City’s flood channel flows reverse due to sedimentation, constructions
- Sikhs won’t leave Kashmir: SGPC
- Aasiya condemns Omar's killing
- Fearing arrests, students skip tuition classes
- 3 killed in mishaps
- SVO arrests proclaimed offender
- PMEGP interview on Aug 31
- Maqbool Bhat’s 14-yr-old nephew arrested
- Sikhs, Muslims condemn killings
- CB to probe Khoipora girl's murder: Mir
War of words
FAHEEM ASLAM/MUDDASIR ALI
Srinagar, Aug 25: In a scathing attack on the Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah, the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, Wednesday accused him of having received Rs 500 crore as kickbacks in the Rattle hydroelectric More
SYED AMJAD SHAH
Jammu, Aug 25: The Jammu and Kashmir Petrol Tanker Owners Association on Wednesday decided to go on ‘indefinite strike’ across the state, in protest against what they termed as government’s failure to More
- South Asia