Army records statements of co-accused
UMER MAQBOOL DAR
Srinagar, Aug 27: The Army’s court of inquiry has recorded statements of three co-accused in Machil fake encounter killings.
Sources told Greater Kashmir that Army has recorded statements of former SPO Bashir Ahmed Lone, informer Abdul Hamid Lone and Territorial Army trooper Abbas Shah this week at 19 Infantry Division Varmul.
The trio was charged by police along with eight Army personnel for abduction and murder of three youth of Nadihal Rafiabad in fake encounter in Machil sector of Kupwara on April 9.
Sources disclosed that accused were brought under police custody on August 23, 24 and 25 for deposition before court of inquiry headed by Brigadier G S Sangha
District and sessions court Varmul has scheduled the hearing for September 15, on the revision petition filed by Army.
Army has filed petition in court challenging order of Chief Judicial Magistrate Sopur “that case falls beyond the option of court martial.”
Lastupdate on : Fri, 27 Aug 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 27 Aug 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 28 Aug 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- HURRIYAT (G) DARES DR FAROOQ
- More loyal than the king: Mirwaiz
- GoI has to bow before this movement: Malik
- Aasiya castigates Dr Farooq
- AIRPORT CLOSURE
- BOPEE, University passes buck on engineering list
- MARKETS REMAIN ABUZZ ON FRIDAY
- Shah for Eid prayer at one place in Sgr
- Army records statements of co-accused
- Burglars decamp with jewellery,cash at Ibrahim Colony
- ‘College in Kangan soon’
- Shun obduracy; resolve Kashmir: Mir to GoI
- SMC destroys dead livestock, eatables
‘Walk in Lal Chowk for 5 minutes’
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Aug 27: Expressing strong resentment over National Conference president Dr Farooq Abdullah’s recent statement in Parliament that Kashmiris wanted to live with India, Hurriyat Conference (G) dared More