Rehabilitation of flood affected in Leh soon: Omar
Kargil, Aug 30: Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah today said the government had put in place a multi pronged strategy to rehabilitate the flood affected families of Leh.
Omar visited Kargil and had aerial survey of inaccessible flood affected areas of Shakar, Chiktan, Henkiats, Mulbaigh, Wakha, Kachi and Burti Bazaar assuring adequate measures at the State Government level to rehabilitate the affected families.
He said a comprehensive programme for rehabilitation of affected families and restoration of public service providing infrastructure had been put in place. “The government machinery has been geared up”, he said.
Omar said the survey of damage to the crops and the property was being conducted to work out its magnitude and prioritize the rehabilitation and compensation strategy. “We are already in touch with the Centre seeking assistance for payment of compensation to the affected families”, he said adding the help from the State government to the flood affected people was also underway.
He asked the officers to assess damages to the crops and finalize the list of affected families.
The Chief Minister said he had earmarked Rs. 4 crore for the restoration of flood damages in Kargil district.
Lastupdate on : Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 30 Aug 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 31 Aug 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- India acting through barrel of gun: Mirwaiz to ICS
- Gastroenteritis reaches Bandipore
- Geelani takes on Dr Farooq
- Timber smuggling unabated in Kupwara
- Stop illicit timber trade or face action: Altaf to officers
- Rehabilitation of flood affected in Leh soon: Omar
- Asgar Samoon takes charge
- Govt-gunman held on murder charge
- Diarrhea outbreak reflects govt failure: PDP
- LAWDA launches demolition drive
- Speaker, Ruhullah condole demise
- Jama’at condemns Hurriyat leaders’ arrest
- 4 of a family held for ‘killing’ neighbour
- JAH, Shahid condemn firing at Maisuma
- SSM college students appeal authorities
- Docs perform caesarean at Kreeri hospital
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Aug 30: The Chairman of Hurriyat Conference (M) Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Monday apprised a delegation of Indian Civil Society (ICS) led by Swami Agnivesh about the unabated killings of Kashmiri More
Threat reels over Banihal
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Aug 30: With only 64 patients left at the district hospital Doda, the hilly Doda district has largely overcome the onslaught of diarrhea (gastroenteritis), while some fresh cases have poured in More
- South Asia
New Delhi: Faced with Tuesday’s government deadline, BlackBerry mobile phone maker Research In Motion (RIM) today gave in promising access to Indian security agencies to monitor all its services with immediate More