CRPF holds AIDS awareness prog
Srinagar, Dec 3: On world AIDS Day, CRPF organised an AIDS awareness programme in collaboration with J&K State AIDS Control Society and University of Kashmir in the varsity campus.
According to CRPF communiqué, IGP CRPF, P V Krishna Reddy was the chief guest and Director NSS, University of Kashmir, Prof. Iqbal Hakim was the guest of honour.
Speaking on the occasion, Reddy underscored the need to aware the people about the dreaded disease. He said CRPF was always ready to organise such awareness programmes.
“CRPF organised world women day, world disabled day and Environment day,” he said.
Reddy asked the students to contribute towards the society.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 3 Dec 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 3 Dec 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 4 Dec 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Police swoops on disabled
- 4 hurt in mysterious explosion: Police
- Geelani calls for total shutdown on Dec 11
- Mirwaiz put under house arrest
- Army school celebrates annual day
- CRPF holds AIDS awareness prog
- 3 lakh physically challenged persons in JK: Govt
- Sedow without electricity
- Revenue official in vigilance net
- Delhi-based women’s body to protest CBI report
- Sheikh Abdullah’s birth anniversary on Sunday
- 2 killed, 3 hurt in road mishaps
- Goods transporters appeal govt
- JKLF (R) seeks intervention of world powers
40 DETAINED FOR ‘DEMANDING RIGHTS’
Srinagar, Dec 3: On the World Disability Day Friday, police detained at least 40 physically challenged persons near Rajbagh here after they took out a protest rally “to demand their rights.” Witnesses More
- Srinagar City
Hamza, Alfarooq Colonies worst hit
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Dec 3: When meters were installed in their colonies, they welcomed; believing it will end up their power problems. But their expectations would dash so soon, they hardly knew. Welcome More
Altaf urges people to be aware of disruptive forces
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Dec 3: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday said the state government was formulating a proposal for revival of mobile schools for Gujjar and Bakerwal population in the state. “The mobile schools More
- News in Brief
Srinagar: Reacting to the filing of FIR against Hurriyat (G) chairman, Syed Shah Geelani and other pro-freedom leaders, the Democratic Political Movement acting chairman, Khawaja Firdous has termed it More
New Delhi, Dec 3: The government has found airlines are trying “to take undue advantage” of passengers by increasing their fares, said Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel. While stating that More