Forest Policy on net to seek expert opinion: Altaf
GK NEWS NETWORK
Rajouri, Feb 14: The Minister for Forest, Environment and Ecology, Mian Altaf Ahmed today said the Government had hosted the proposed draft forest policy on the internet for seeking opinion from experts and public.
He said the opinion of people living near forests would also be sought and for this purpose awareness camps would be held in both Kashmir and Jammu Divisions during next month.
Speaking at a cultural programme organized by Anjuman-e-Gojri Zaban-wa-Adab Dharamsal in collaboration with Academy of Art, Culture and languages, he said the government would pursue the demand for inclusion of Gojri in Eighth Schedule to brighten the prospects for its development.
He described Gojri as one of the major language of the state and asked the community to work for its development. He said the Government would extend help in this regard.
He sought cooperation of leaders in encouraging the budding writers and poets of the community and appreciated the contribution of Israel Assar of Dharamsal, in the promotion of Gojri.
Altaf asked the Gujjars and Bakerwals to avail the benefits of schemes launched by the government.
Acknowledging dependence of Tribal on the forests, he assured the community that his Department would extend cooperation to the people associated with sheep and other animal rearing.
Speaking on the occasion, Secretary, Academy of Art, Culture and languages, Zaffar Manhas said the Academy would help the development of Gojri culture and language. He said it was looking forward to hold literary conferences at Jammu and Srinagar where, literary persons would be invited to recommend the measures for the development of various languages being spoken in the state.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 14 Feb 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 14 Feb 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 15 Feb 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM NEWS
- GMC Srinagar barred from conducting DNB course
- Forest Policy on net to seek expert opinion: Altaf
- Pak govt to provide security to foreigners working in PaK
- Drainage absence causes water logging
- Police crackdown on youth, 18 held
- Vailoo-Chatru tunnel will shorten distance between Sgr-Jmu: Saroori
- Couple among 3 killed, 15 hurt in mishaps
- Revoke AFSPA, reduce troops in JK: Mehbooba to GoI
- People should isolate divisive forces: Rana
- EJAC (Q) supports local bodies’ sit-in
- Chib inspects SMHS, SKIMS
- Sagar asks all shades of opinion to join for K-resolution
- PDP to protest essentials scarcity
- Observe strike on Feb 16, 17: JKCC to employees
- Ministers offer condolence to Ch. Ramzan
- 15 Telangana region MLAs resign
- India to spend $200 bn on defence systems by 2022
- Hindu, Muslims to celebrate Prophet's birth anniversary
ERA rejects draft, seeks corrections
GK CITY CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, Feb 14: The preliminary draft designed for the construction of prestigious Jehangir Chowk-Natipora flyover – has been returned to project executing company for review following “major mistakes More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Feb 14: The Peoples Democratic Party has condemned the bomb blast at Pune. In a statement, PDP Patron Mufti Muhammad Sayeed and President Ms Mehbooba Mufti have strongly condemned the More
Srinagar, Feb 14: The National Board of Examination has debarred the Government Medical College Srinagar for conducting DNB course in Radio Diagnosis and Microbiology.A letter was shot by NBE to GMC Srinagar More
- GK Business
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
New Delhi, Feb 14: Facing opposition from key allies in the UPA Government, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Oil Minister Murli Deora today discussed an "all-acceptable" hike in fuel prices but it More