Cabinet meet postponed
CM Leaves For Delhi
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Feb 5: The State Cabinet meeting, scheduled to be held here Friday, was postponed due to the late arrival of chief minister Omar Abdullah from Islamabad, Kashmir.
Sources revealed that the chief minister Omar Abdullah was in Islamabad on Friday to chair the District Development Board review meeting. “As he arrived late in the winter capital due to bad weather conditions and low visibility, the chief secretary was asked to inform the cabinet ministers about the postponement of the cabinet meeting”, sources revealed.
They said that the chief minister later left to Union Capital in the evening. Accompanied by the CAPD minister Qamar Ali Akhoon, Omar is scheduled to attend a conference of Chief Ministers Saturday in New Delhi to be convened by the prime minister Dr Manmohan Singh to chalk out the strategy to check rising prices.
The new schedule for the cabinet meeting is expected to be announced by Sunday once the chief minister returns from New Delhi, sources added.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 5 Feb 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 5 Feb 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 6 Feb 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM FRONTPAGE
- Troopers kill boy
- No prayers at Jamia Masjid
- Another cricketer brought home dead
- Exemplary punishment for culprits: Omar
- Pak observes Kashmir Solidarity Day
- JK’s liberation our goal: JuD
- Kashmiris should be part of parleys: Gilani
- US welcomes proposed dialogue
- Dates, agenda discussed
- Pak top brass reviews talks offer
- Mufti welcomes talks revival
- Behave as protectors not violators: SHRC to forces
- ‘Survivors need emotional support’
- Cop among 2 killed in Sopur shootout
- Rains, snow lash valley
- Cabinet meet postponed
- ‘We’ll march to UN office, come what may’
‘Those who met Omar were ruling party men’
Shopian, Feb 5: The Shopian Bar Association today dissociated itself from the statement carried in various local dailies wherein it was mentioned that the Association called on Chief Minister yesterday More
- GK Business
GK NEWS NETWORK
New Delhi, Feb 5: Minister of State for Transport, Shabir Ahmed Khan today said that the Motor Vehicle Department will be totally computerized. The smart card project which forms part of e-governance is More