Bijbehara youth assured probe
Bijbehara, Jan 20: Riyaz Ahmad of Sadar Bazar Bijbehara, from whose possession the army had on Tuesday claimed to have recovered ammunition, was Wednesday assured of proper investigation into the matter by the police.
“We along with Riyaz narrated the entire incident to Superintendent of Police, Operations, who assured proper investigation,” said the family members, adding that Riyaz was then allowed to go but asked to cooperate with the police.
The army had claimed to have recovered two grenades from the possession of Riyaz, a helper in Yateem Trust.
But the family said the army was trying to implicate him on false charges. They said an army man of SICOP camp had put two grenades in an almirah. Riyaz was let off after locals raised a hue and cry.
Meanwhile, the youth’s family today met Deputy Commissioner Islamabad and apprised him of the matter.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 21 Jan 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM NEWS
- Bijbehara youth assured probe
- Father craves for sons' return
- Observe January 26 as black day: Asiya Andrabi
- Neelum-Jhelum power project to generate 969 MWs
- JKSM condemns separatists’ harassment
- MQM Pakistan’s richest party, PPP poorest
- Bring NSA under Parliament: Mishra
- 8 killed in Virginia shootout
- Cops find innovative way to curb mishaps in Doda
- India has largest illiterate population: UNESCO
- Court rejects remand for Masarrat
- Mumbai travel agent ‘cheats’ houseboat owners, hoteliers
- Provincial legislator injured in Pak blast
- BGSBU begins admission process
- 'Aggression against Pak could prove counter-productive'
- Jama'at-i- Islami holds rally against discrimination
- Congress units flay PCC chief
- Aid to orphan kids of militants
- Voter ID error: Woman faces cheating charge
- Kasab chooses Marathi to answer questions
‘Illegal’ structures likely to stay; old shops, buildings, govt flats to go;
GK CITY CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, Jan 20: The authorities have completed preliminary survey for the construction of prestigious Jehangir Chowk-Natipora flyover –hinting a topsy-turvy of the previous plan –at-least on the demolition More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Jan 20: Refuting the rumours of Al-Qaeda presence in Jammu and Kashmir, police on Wednesday said it was ready to meet the challenge of militancy.”Rumours of Al-Qaeda presence in the State are totally More
Bijbehara, Jan 20: Riyaz Ahmad of Sadar Bazar Bijbehara, from whose possession the army had on Tuesday claimed to have recovered ammunition, was Wednesday assured of proper investigation into the matter More
- GK Business
90 pc farmers in JK still unconnected to banks
Srinagar, Jan 20: The Ellaquai Dehati Bank Wednesday distributed 7000 Kissan Credit Cards (KCCs) at Mega KCC Fair here at Institute of Management and Public Administration (IMPA). First few KCCs More