Hamidi Kashmiri among Padma awardees
Srinagar, Jan 26: Noted Urdu critic, writer and former vice-chancellor of Kashmir University Hamidi Kashmiri has been awarded Padma Shree for his contribution in literature and education.
Besides Kashmiri, Dr Jitender Udhampuri has also been awarded Padma Shree in the same category while Ghulam Muhammad Mir has been given the award for Public Services.
Hamidi Kashmiri has written 50 books including Iqtishafi Tanqeed Ki Sheryat, Ainame Ibraaq, Mahasir Tanqeed , Riyasati Jammu Aur Kashmir Urdu Adab, Jadeed Kashir Shayeri, Shiekh –ul-Aalam Aur Shayeri.
He had received Galib award for Urdu and Sahitya Academy award in Kashmiri language.
“Even though my contribution has been recognized off late. I am 76 now. But I am very happy for the award,” he told Greater Kashmir.
“I have introduced a new concept of criticism, which reveals inner experience contained in the words of text,” he added.
“I was surprised to know about the award as I don’t have any contact with those quarters which recommend people for such awards,” he said.
He said it was recognition of the work done by Urdu writers of the state.
Dogri writer and former director Radio Kashmir, Jammu Dr Jitender Udhampuri said: “I feel proud to receive the award. I will write to live.”
He said Dogri language must be made compulsory at the primary level. He is author of 25 books in Dogri and Hindi including History of Dogri Literature, The Great Epic Ditto.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 26 Jan 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM NEWS
- PaK Kashmiris observe 'Black Day'
- Ban on Islamic practices in West
- Hamidi Kashmiri among Padma awardees
- Ministers unfurl tricolour at district places
- R-Day protest e-way
- 1 dies 29 hurt in mishaps
- Fateh offered for Imam
- Fog impacts R-Day parade, flight schedules
- ‘Resume Indo-Pak composite dialogue’
- Leaders from 90 nations to discuss global challenges
- India to disfavour nato forces’ exit
- Kashmir American Council to organize lecture on Kashmir
- Kashmir part of Pakistan in CGF map
Sweet Home at Dalgate ruined
Welcome to my home. This is my sweet home,” reads a greeting pasted on the left wall at the entrance of Ghulam Nabi Wani’s residence. His youngest daughter, six-year-old Samma designed the hanging with More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Jan 26: The Information Department today paid glowing tributes to its employees killed in a blast on this day 1996, in the Control Room of the pavilion of M A M Stadium here. Director More
NISAR AHMED THOKAR
Islamabad, Jan 26: The All Parties Hurriyat Conference (M) Pakistan chapter on Tuesday staged a protest demonstration to mark India’s Republic Day as black day. Protest demonstrations, rallies and More
- GK Business
* Traders demand amendment in SOP * Discuss issue with officials in DelhiSrinagar, Jan 26: The cross-LoC trade remained suspended today with traders demanding amendments in the Standard More