Kashmir part of Pakistan in CGF map
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
New Delhi, Jan 26: The London-based Commonwealth Games Federation was embroiled in a controversy Tuesday because of a contentious India map put on its website.
The map of India on www.thecgf.com shows some areas of Jammu and Kashmir and Gujarat as parts of Pakistan and organisers of the 2010 Commonwealth Games today said they have raised the issue with CGF officials.
“We have noticed it and told CGF officials about it. They have promised to revert back to us on the issue,” Organising Committee secretary Lalit Bhanot said.
“They would definitely correct it. We were told that they would talk to the people who maintain the site and get back to us,” added Bhanot.
The CGF Chief executive Officer Mike Hooper, who is based in New Delhi to oversee the preparations of the Commonwealth Games, could not be immediately reached for his comments.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 26 Jan 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM NEWS
- PaK Kashmiris observe 'Black Day'
- Ban on Islamic practices in West
- Hamidi Kashmiri among Padma awardees
- Ministers unfurl tricolour at district places
- R-Day protest e-way
- 1 dies 29 hurt in mishaps
- Fateh offered for Imam
- Fog impacts R-Day parade, flight schedules
- ‘Resume Indo-Pak composite dialogue’
- Leaders from 90 nations to discuss global challenges
- India to disfavour nato forces’ exit
- Kashmir American Council to organize lecture on Kashmir
- Kashmir part of Pakistan in CGF map
Sweet Home at Dalgate ruined
Welcome to my home. This is my sweet home,” reads a greeting pasted on the left wall at the entrance of Ghulam Nabi Wani’s residence. His youngest daughter, six-year-old Samma designed the hanging with More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Jan 26: The Information Department today paid glowing tributes to its employees killed in a blast on this day 1996, in the Control Room of the pavilion of M A M Stadium here. Director More
NISAR AHMED THOKAR
Islamabad, Jan 26: The All Parties Hurriyat Conference (M) Pakistan chapter on Tuesday staged a protest demonstration to mark India’s Republic Day as black day. Protest demonstrations, rallies and More
- GK Business
* Traders demand amendment in SOP * Discuss issue with officials in DelhiSrinagar, Jan 26: The cross-LoC trade remained suspended today with traders demanding amendments in the Standard More