4 soldiers killed, 7 hurt in mishaps
Srinagar, July 18: Two army men of 321 field regiment were killed and four injured when their vehicle (08B-100315E) skidded off the road and fell into a gorge near ICN Tower Tangdhar in Kupwara, a police spokesman said today.
The deceased are Havildar Surindar Kumar and Sepoy Kontla Reddy.
Meanwhile a soldier drowned when he slipped into a river at Bani in Jammu region's Kathua district, sources said.
Another army man, travelling to Jammu from Delhi, fell down from a train and died instantly.
Meanwhile, a Truck (JK01A-3428) coming from Sonamarg to Sumbal turned turtle at Waskoora Ganderbal injuring three persons Gulzar Ahmad Mir son of Muhammad Maqbool, Khurshid Ahmad Mir and Muhammad Akbar Mir sons of Muhammad Ismail of Pakherpora, Budgam.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 18 Jul 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 18 Jul 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 19 Jul 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- CURFEW PASSES NOT HONOURED BY CRPF
- Hurriyat (M) seeks intíl intervention on HR violations
- Aasiya asks employees to protest today
- Nayeem urges Pak to highlight Kashmir issue
- SEPARATISTS DENOUNCE FAIZANíS KILLING
- 4 soldiers killed, 7 hurt in mishaps
- Amarnath Yatri booked for assaulting ponywalla
- Vohra reviews Yatra arrangements
- EDB to open 11 branches
- Indiaís stubbornness delaying K-issue resolution: Hurriyat (G)
- Tourist dies in Sgr
- Report forthwith: NIT to candidates
- Urs Aaliya Younisiya today
- Woman's body recovered
Srinagar, July 18: Despite state governmentís assurance that the media men with valid passes would move hassle-free during curfew, the paramilitary CRPF deployed in city and elsewhere refuse to acknowledge More
Jammu/Srinagar July 18: A militant was killed in an encounter in Kisthwar district, while two troopers, including a Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO), were wounded in Poonch encounter which entered into More
- South Asia
Islamabad, July 18: Baroness Sayeeda Warsi, minister/chairperson Conservative Party of United Kingdom has admitted that Kashmir issue is the mother of all the deputes pending between Pakistan and India More