Madr-i-Meharban award for Sakina, Faesal
Srinagar, July 29: Minister for Social Welfare Sakina Itoo today exhorted the student community to pursue education seriously to earn laurels.
She was addressing at an impressive Award ceremony function, organized by the Jammu and Kashmir Rural Development Society on its annual day which was also celebrated as parent’s day.
The Advisor to Chief Minister, Mubarak Gul who is also Chairman of the society gave away the Madr-i-Meharban award to the Minister for Social Welfare Sakina Itoo and IAS topper, Dr. Shah Faisal for earning fame.
Awards were also given to Advocate Sheikh Nazir, General Secretary National Conference, besides, Late Kh. Sanaullah Bhat of Daily Aftaab and Late Sofi Ghulam Muhammad of Srinagar Times posthumously. Their awards were received by renowned Cartoonist Mr Bashir Ahmad Bashir and present Editor of daily Aftab.
Mubarak Gul while addressing the function said that the society has been doing a commendable job in the State especially in the rural areas for last 22 years. The society, he said is engaged in stamping out social evils through mobilization of youth.
Earlier, a seminar on “Role of Youth in suicidal Tendency” was organized by the society in which various school children read out the papers.
A blood donation camp was also organized on the occasion in which several volunteers donated blood.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 30 Jul 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Govt wants 3000 migrant posts centrally-funded
- PDP sit-in a drama: NC
- Of 930 arrested, 851 handed over to families: Police
- Stage protests after Friday prayers: Masrat to people
- Won’t allow suppression of movement: Aasiya
- Government committed to secularism cause: Omar
- KAS aspirants, BEd candidates appeal authorities
- PDP legislator boycotts B’pore board meeting
- Flood alert sounded in Kupwara, 100 structures damaged
- Rs 80 lakhs misappropriated in SMHS: SVO
- Madr-i-Meharban award for Sakina, Faesal
- LoC bus service suspended
- Hajj pilgrims to pay balance amount
- Couple held for ‘killing’ man
- Couple held for ‘killing’ man
- 1 killed, 9 Amarnath Yatris injured in road mishaps
- Train crushes 70-year-old man
- Soz rejects apprehension of Governor’s rule in JK
- Sheikh Qayoom passes away
- Hajj orientation starts at Shopian
- Verma posted as Dir Tourism Jmu
- MeA pays tributes to Azam Malik
- Restrictions on Friday prayers undemocratic: Grand Mufti
- 2 drown at Aishmuqam, Pul
- Religious tolerance should be our hallmark: Jama’at
- PL condemns Sofi’s detention
- Maiden caesarean at SDH Beerwah
BHALLA CITES FINANCIAL LIMITATIONS IN LETTER TO NEW DELHI
Srinagar, July 29: The Jammu and Kashmir government has shot off a letter to the Central government asking it to meet the “wage bill “of the 3000 Kashmiri migrants—appointed under the Prime Minister’s More
- Srinagar City
Victim rescued, kidnappers arrested
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, July 29: The Hazratbal police on Thursday said it rescued a person from the clutches of kidnappers who were allegedly conspiring to murder him. The victim, Muhammad Hanief Bhat son of Ghulam More
Jammu, July 29: Jammu and Kashmir High Court, Jammu wing has stayed operation of an order passed by the General Administrative Department (GAD) imposing fresh conditions on the payment of House Rent Allowance More
- South Asia
NISAR AHMED THOKAR
Islamabad, July 29: The president of Muslim Conference Sardar Attique Ahmed Khan was sworn in as the 10th Prime Minister of AJK on Thursday. The AJK President Raja Zulqarnain Khan administered More
In the run up to Ramadhan
Srinagar, July 29: With holy month of Ramadan approaching nearer, the demand for dates from PaK has begun to increase in the Valley. Consequently, 80 per cent of the consignments received this week from More
New York, July 29: A security researcher on Wednesday released a file containing the names, profile addresses and unique identification numbers of more than 100 million Facebook users. The information More