‘Kidnapper’ held from Jawahar Tunnel
3-yr-old boy rescued
Banihal, June 21: Police claimed to have foiled the kidnapping attempt of a 3-year old child and arrested the alleged kidnapper, a resident of Rajasthan, from Jawahar Tunnel, near here, this morning.
The child, identified as Manat Singh son of Gurmant Singh, was kidnapped allegedly by Davinder Singh son of Jawahar Singh of Raipur, Rajasthan, from Handwara area, about five days ago, and was being taken to Rajasthan, from where the accused planned to demand ransom from his family.
On a tip off from Dooru police that the kidnapped child was being taken out of the state
by road, police posted at Jawahar Tunnel swung into action and checked every vehicle. “During checking the kidnapped child was seen in a taxi. Along with the accused, he was taken into custody,” a police official said, adding both were handed over to the SDPO, Dooru-Shahabad.
During the preliminary questioning, sources said, the accused told the police that he had come to Kashmir allegedly with the specific purpose of kidnapping a child for ransom. He had developed acquaintance with the family before kidnapping the child.
Lastupdate on : Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 22 Jun 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- VISITING POs, LEGISLATORS WATCH CULTURAL PAGEANT
- 13 JKLF activists court arrest in Pulwama
- Peace, communal harmony vital for development: Vohra
- RR man commits suicide
- KU postpones exams
- Omar for steps to boost elementary education
- Don’t spill blood of youth: Karra to government
- Police seek details from medicos
- ‘Kidnapper’ held from Jawahar Tunnel
- Surrendered militants under SRO-43 ambit
- Union Secy for permanent rehab of Gujjars, Bakerwals
- Half-widow struggling to sustain family
- IUST student’s ‘killing’ triggers protest
- Dr Farooq grieved
- JAH accuses govt of failure
- Separatists anguished over killings
- Act against those killing teens: Tarigami to Govt
- JKSM condemns Zaffar’s arrest.
- Jama’at concerned over Valley’s situation
Srinagar, June 21: At a time when the valley was aghast over the killing of teenagers, the Academy of Art, Culture and Languages and Information Department jointly organized a musical evening and dances More
- Srinagar City
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, June 21: Resolving that “all Legislatures in India may adopt a uniform Committees system”, the 2-day 75th All India Conference of the Presiding Officers of the Legislative Bodies More
Jammu June 21: The sweltering heat conditions in winter capital of the state continue to impact the movement of people as temperature persisted around 43 degree Celsius on the third consecutive day on More
- South Asia
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
New Delhi, June 21: Security situation in the region, including in Pakistan and Afghanistan and bilateral issues are likely to dominate the meeting between the High Representative of the EU for Foreign More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Sanasar, June 21: Minister for Agriculture Ghulam Hassan Mir said that J&K has a huge potential for becoming a hub for production of disease free and quality Potato Seed Tubers and its crop. The More