Electrical Engineers call for PDD revamp
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Feb 28: The J&K Electrical Engineering Graduates Association has hailed the Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah, for creating four Circles and six Divisions in the Power Development Department vide Govt Order No 243 GAD of 010 dated 17/02/2010.
“The creation of posts will help the department in improving the services besides speeding up the execution of new and ongoing works,” the Association said in a statement.
It appealed the Chief Minister to revamp the PDD. “There has been a 10-fold increase in PDD assets, but not even an increase in the required manpower. This has resulted in overburdening of the existing staff and affecting their efficacy,” it said.
“Moreover, the pay given to engineers is meager when compared to others,” it added. “This has necessitated a complete review of PDD and requires speeding up of reorganization and removal of pay anomalies for which the Association has given proposal to the Departments and the members of State Pay Anomaly Committee,” it added.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 28 Feb 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 28 Feb 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 1 Mar 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM NEWS
- Resolve Kashmir issue first: PDP
- Seek freedom like Geelani: Sagar to PDP
- 12 yrs on, in charge lecturers await confirmation
- Kulgam shuts amid protests
- Pakistan ready for composite dialogue: FO
- PIL seeks police, legal reforms
- Maharashtra, JK top list of police vacancies
- Aspirants for form submission facility in KU’s north campus
- Nayeem Khan shifted to Srinagar jail
- Haripora villagers seek renaming of PTS Manigam
- Electrical Engineers call for PDD revamp
- Bar press conference today
- Dera rampage: Tension in Punjab, Haryana
- Pak will have to fight war if India doesn’t talk: Saeed
- Ahead of talks, NSCN-IM sticks to sovereignty demand
- Couple held for duping
With little time left to spend Rs 2 crore granted by Chief Minister, authorities want to beautify erstwhile Palladium Cinema surroundings by landscaping main road.
Srinagar, Feb 28: At a time when road widening is being seen as a lasting solution to traffic congestion, the authorities have planned exactly the opposite for the City centre of Lal Chowk. Under More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Feb 28: The Peoples Democratic Party today said the party’s self-rule proposal was the only viable solution to the Kashmir problem as it aimed at addressing both internal and external dimensions More
Srinagar, Feb 28: Peoples Democratic Party, the largest opposition party in the state assembly, said Sunday no problem would be solved unless the Kashmir issue was resolved.“We have to go to the genesis More
- GK Business
Srinagar, Feb 28: Indian Carpet Expo at Delhi has been hailed by the Valley carpet traders saying it was a great opportunity for them to sell their products. According to the traders,who talked to Greater More