EJAC calls for 5-day strike
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Mar 3: The four factions of EJAC – EJAC (K) Kashmir, EJAC (Q) Kashmir, EJAC (K) Jammu and EJAC (Q) Jammu have called for five-day employees strike from March 9 to March 13.
Demanding immediate intervention of the Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in addressing the employees issues, the representative of the employees said that the FM and CM were divided in their approach toward the employee’s issues.
“While FM says that the government has conceded the demands of the employees due to them, the chief minister says that his government is still considering the demands. The CM is soft toward our demands while the FM is posturing hard,” they said.
The employees are protesting to get their demands fulfilled, which include release of arrears of 6th Pay Commission with effect from 1st January 2006 in favour of employees and pensioners, release of pending 5 per cent HRA, issuing order for regularization of all temporary, ad hoc, consolidate, contractual employees and daily rated workers before and after 1994, removal of pay anomalies of various cadres, enhancement of retirement age from 58 to 60 years as per commitment, conversion of Cola into DA of PSU employees, enhancement of wages of Anganwadi workers and helpers.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 3 Mar 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 3 Mar 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 4 Mar 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM NEWS
- Tourism projects moving at slow pace in JK: Par Panel
- EJAC calls for 5-day strike
- We encourage Indo-Pak dialogue: US
- PDP targets govt on ration scarcity, BPL ‘irregularities’
- Govt ‘prefers’ diploma over degree in R&B
- Turabi urges Pak govt to address concerns of dam affected
- GK Sr Correspondent invited to Kathmandu workshop
- Hajj pilgrims to get passports: RPO
- Hurriyat (G) delegation visits Pattan
- PDD employees' strike from March 8
- Kashmiris' involvement in talks must: Prof Bhat
- Major injured in Kabul attack dies
- Navy's aerobatic plane crashes, 2 pilots dead
- Testimony of relatives crucial: SC
- Man gets death for rape, murder of 5 year old
- Mir cautions people against vested interests
- 'US to offer smart-bomb kits, drones to Pak'
- Pravin Mahajan dies in Thane hospital
5 years on, corporation craves for power even though the empowerment was expected within six months
Srinagar, Mar 3: In March 2005, the elected corporators of the Srinagar Municipal Corporation assumed office amid much pomp-and-show that the SMC would be empowered within six months. The empowerment would More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Jammu, Mar 3: The Jammu University, which was shut yesterday after the students went on a rampage demanding curtailment of syllabus and option to answer any question from the examination papers, will reopen More
‘STATE DOESN’T HAVE TOURISM POLICY’
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
New Delhi, Mar 3: Expressing concern over the condition of several tourism projects in Jammu and Kashmir, a Parliamentary committee has found that they were moving at a slow pace. Three tourist circuits More
- GK Business
Srinagar, Mar 3: Want to invest in real estate? Here is some good news for you. The Imperia Business Park, a project in joint venture between Earth Infrastructures Ltd (EIL) and Imperia Structures Ltd More