SHDC employees condemn assault on colleague
Srinagar: The State Handloom Development Corporation Employees’ Association has condemned, what it called, brutal assault on the Corporation stores’ officer, Ghulam Nabi Mir, by the armed forces on October 7, at Ashthan Chowk, Pampore, demanding registration of an FIR by police to identify the troopers involved in the act.
The Association, at a general body meeting held here today, expressed sympathies with the injured employee and prayed for his speedy recovery.
The meeting was attended by a large number of employees, who appealed to the government and the Corporation management to take care of the needs of victim who is sole bread earner of family.
“Mir, who is battling for life in the ICU of SKIMS, Soura, for the last seven days, has five children including four daughters,” said spokesman of the Association in a statement.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 13 Oct 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 13 Oct 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 14 Oct 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Beaten by forces, Govt employee battling for life
- Mudasir protested beating of women, got killed
- Boycott Panchayati election: Geelani
- Lawyers stage demo to seek release of colleagues
- Shujaat Bukhari nominated SAMC member
- ‘Exit of empty trucks from valley forbidden’
- Barbed fencing affects farmers’ livelihood in Gurez
- Redress Sikhs’ grievances: Div Com to officers
- Govt to ease norms in works allotment: Minister
- TeH concerned at leaders’ continued detention
- Post new supervisors forthwith in SWD: Sakina
- SHDC employees condemn assault on colleague
- Slash tuition fee by 50%: MKM to pvt schools
POLICE, CRPF MEN LEFT MANY ELDERLY PERSONS INJURED
Srinagar, Oct 13: At a time when six persons have already died in thrashing by troops and police in the ongoing unrest in the Valley, 55-year-old Ghulam Nabi Mir of Namlabal Pampore is another such victim More
- Srinagar City
World famed Dal, Nigeen lakes ‘ill equipped’ to fight eventuality; Mere one firefighting station for 25 KM expanse
Srinagar, Oct 13: Kashmir’s floating marvel–houseboat –has always been a key attraction for the tourists from world over. But what if this pure wooden structure made of prized deodar caches fire? Well More
Thatri, Oct 13: Hundreds of passengers have been stranded on Doda-Kishtwar highway (NH-1B) as the road remained closed for the vehicular movement on the second consecutive day on Wednesday. Entire More
Mushtaq conducts review meeting of top 50 branches
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Oct 13: Soon after inaugurating an Industrial Finance Branch at Samba, J&K Bank Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Mushtaq Ahmad, held a series of meetings with business community in Jammu More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
New Delhi, Oct 13: India is watching with concern the recent attempt by China to treat Kashmir as a tripartite issue, marking a change in its long-stated position of viewing it as a bilateral matter between More