Contractors appeal CE R&B
Srinagar, Oct 14: A group of contractors on Thursday urged the R&B department to allow them to deposit tenders.
“We couldn’t deposit tenders for works in Ganderbal district which include upgradation Beehma-Safapora road and bridge on Tulmulla –Wakoora road on 12th of this month in chief engineer’s office, which was the last date due to the strike. How can they do this as there is clear-cut direction in case the last date of receipt of tenders falls on holiday, public strike or transport strike the tenders should be received on next working day,” they said.
“Even during strike we went yesterday for filling the tenders, but they did not accepted the documents. They have done this to favour blue-eyed contractors and we appeal R&B minister and state government to look into the matter and extend the date,” they said.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 14 Oct 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 15 Oct 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- ‘Probe unmarked, mass graves in Valley’
- Martyrs invaluable asset: Malik
- Mirwaiz to visit Chrar-e-Sharief today
- For past 53-yrs, Govt school functions from rented building
- ICP starts programme for KAS aspirants
- Police exploring options to counter separatists’ calls: DGP
- 'Era of Sheikh-ul-Alam (RA) golden period of Kashmir history'
- 'Interlocutors' appointment futile'
- Contractors appeal CE R&B
- Set up vocational centre, give soft loans to physically challenged’
- TeM backs Geelani’s protest program
- Bridge coming up at Batwara over river Jhelum
- Curfews mar students’ academic career: Rehmani
- 43 cross sides on LoC via Uri
GEELANI URGES UN, INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE
ARIF SHAFI WANI
Srinagar, Oct 14: The Chairman of Hurriyat Conference (G) Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Thursday urged the International Court of Justice and United Nations War Crimes Tribunal to initiate a probe into the More
- Srinagar City
POLICE LOCKUP OFFERS TUITION CLASSES TO ACCUSED STONE PELTERS
SCHOOLING is no more a business for educational institutions alone. For now, it has infiltrated into police lockups with a City Thana hosting a Paathshaala where the SHO plays Masterji before the taught More
Jammu: National Panthers Party would seek Governor, N N Vohra’s permission to “prosecute” the Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah for his remarks in Legislative Assembly on J&K’s accession with India.  More
Jammu, Oct 14: To make it more palatable to the employees, the government has amended certain provisions of Golden Handshake Voluntary Retirement Scheme (VRS). Even as the VRS was introduced three More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
New Delhi, Oct 14: Judges should have basic computer knowledge at the time of appointment and a candidate who fails to fulfil the requirement can be denied employment, the Supreme Court has ruled.  More