Tarigami for relief to Sanghaldan residents
Srinagar, Oct 3: The CPI (M) state secretary, Muhammad Yousuf Tarigmi today asked the government to provide adequate compensation to the people of Dada Sanghaldan Ramban, who suffered extensive damages due to the recent landslides.
In a statement, the party said a delegation from the area met Tarigami and apprised him of the losses.
Concerned over the losses, Tarigami termed the compensation provided to the affectees as ‘grossly insufficient.’ He urged the government to provide adequate compensation to the victims under “Natural Calamities Relief Fund” and immediate measures for their permanent rehabilitation instead of tent accommodation.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 3 Oct 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 3 Oct 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 4 Oct 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- America should impress upon India, Pak to resolve Kashmir: Malik
- Kashmir’s natural resources being exploited: Geelani
- Man held for ‘murdering’ wife
- Tarigami for relief to Sanghaldan residents
- Islamabad town without water
- RACE AGAINST TIME
- NC-led govt draws sadistic pleasure by imposing curfews: Mehbooba
- In red, expenses of CCB Islamabad mounting
- CNTEA condoles demise
- Peace imperative for resolution of Kashmir: Youth Cong
- Urs of Hazrat Sheikh-ul-Alam (RA) from today
Meets US embassy officials says Kashmir turned into jail
ARIF SHAFI WANI
Srinagar, Oct 3: Ahead of the United States President, Barrack Obama’s scheduled visit to India next month, two officials from the American Embassy in New Delhi on Sunday met the Jammu Kashmir Liberation More
Ramsoo, Oct. 3: In an apparent move to counter the sitting MLA, two political rivals and former Members Legislative Assembly (MLA) have joined hands and announced formation of Banihal Development Front More
Kotli, (AJK) Oct 3: Speakers representing different schools of thought on Sunday condemned the atrocities committed by armed troops on Kashmiris and called upon the international community to exert pressure More