BAR STRIKE ENTERS 93RD DAY
Srinagar, Oct 5: The strike by High Court Bar Association against the detention of its president Mian Abdul Qayoom and general secretary G N Shaheen Wednesday entered 93rd day.
In a statement, vice-president of Bar Ejaz Bedar said the duo was suffering from multiple ailments in Jammu jails.
It was on July 7 that the state government booked Advocate Mian Qayoom under Public Safety Act and shifted him to sub-jail Heeranagar in Jammu.
On July 17, Shaheen, who had led a protest demonstration here in support of the demand for release of Bar president was arrested and shifted to District jail Rajouri.
Subsequently, the District Magistrate Srinagar Mehraj Ahmad Kakroo had issued orders of his detention under Public Safety Act and confinement in Rajouri jail.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 5 Oct 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 5 Oct 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 6 Oct 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Governor for making universities seats of excellence
- Where 3000 docs, 6000 engineers are jobless: Official figures
- 300 CASUALTIES IN CLOUDBURST, FLASH-FLOODS: GOVT
- Colleges would be set up after feasibility study: CM
- BAR STRIKE ENTERS 93RD DAY
- MSF resumes activities in Kashmir
- 475 SPOs, 131 VDC members killed till October: Govt
- Use railway to carry fruits outside JK: CM
- Rs 8 cr allocated for macadamization of Khanyar roads: Sagar
- Mehbooba calls for resolution of K issue
- HSPP celebrates 25-yrs in market
KU COUNCIL MEETS
STRESSES ON EMPLOYMENT ORIENTED COURSES
Srinagar, Oct 5: The Governor, N N Vohra, has stressed the need for taking all required measures for ensuring the highest standards of learning so that the youth of Jammu and Kashmir are equipped More
Rates up by 30%
GK BUSINESS REPORTER
Srinagar, Oct 5: In what has warmed the cockles of the fruit growers and dealers, the Kashmir walnuts are fetching good prices in outside mandis. According to reports the walnuts are selling at more More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
New Delhi, Oct 5: Left parties today sought the setting up of a parliamentary or a political committee to initiate dialogue with all sections of the people in Jammu and Kashmir and a review of the overall More