Colleges would be set up after feasibility study: CM
Srinagar, Oct 5: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said new colleges would be established after a feasibility study is carried out in the state.
Distance between the nearest colleges, the number of feeding schools and discrepancy, if any, will constitute criterion for setting up of these institutes of higher learning, Omar said during Question Hour in the Legislative Assembly here.
The chief minister asked legislators to put up demands for opening of new colleges in their respective District Development Board meetings as the Assembly was not the right place for its demands.
However, issues related to introduction of new courses, faculty and management of colleges could be discussed in the House, he said.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 5 Oct 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 5 Oct 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 6 Oct 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Governor for making universities seats of excellence
- Where 3000 docs, 6000 engineers are jobless: Official figures
- 300 CASUALTIES IN CLOUDBURST, FLASH-FLOODS: GOVT
- Colleges would be set up after feasibility study: CM
- BAR STRIKE ENTERS 93RD DAY
- MSF resumes activities in Kashmir
- 475 SPOs, 131 VDC members killed till October: Govt
- Use railway to carry fruits outside JK: CM
- Rs 8 cr allocated for macadamization of Khanyar roads: Sagar
- Mehbooba calls for resolution of K issue
- HSPP celebrates 25-yrs in market
KU COUNCIL MEETS
STRESSES ON EMPLOYMENT ORIENTED COURSES
Srinagar, Oct 5: The Governor, N N Vohra, has stressed the need for taking all required measures for ensuring the highest standards of learning so that the youth of Jammu and Kashmir are equipped More
Rates up by 30%
GK BUSINESS REPORTER
Srinagar, Oct 5: In what has warmed the cockles of the fruit growers and dealers, the Kashmir walnuts are fetching good prices in outside mandis. According to reports the walnuts are selling at more More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
New Delhi, Oct 5: Left parties today sought the setting up of a parliamentary or a political committee to initiate dialogue with all sections of the people in Jammu and Kashmir and a review of the overall More