Nayeem’s judicial remand extended
Srinagar, Sept 2: The judicial remand of Hurriyat Conference (M) senior leader and Jammu Kashmir National Front chairman Nayeem Ahmad Khan, who is lodged in Varmul sub jail for the past one and half month, was extended to September 17.
“Extension of judicial remand of Khan till September 17 is aimed at breaking his determination and sentiment for freedom. But it is not new thing for him as he has spent his most of part of life in jails and interrogation centres. India has so far tried every oppressive method to break his spirit and courage but failed to tame him,” said a spokesman of the Front in a statement today.
Strongly condemning the firing at Islamabad and Maisuma, the spokesman has accused the government of giving freehand to police and other armed forces to suppress the pro-freedom people in Kashmir.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 2 Sep 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 2 Sep 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 3 Sep 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Govt to instill sense of security among Sikhs: Omar to Badal
- APSCC meets Badal,condemns Kashmir killings
- Yoom-i-Kashmir, Yoom-i-Qudus today: Hurriyat (M)
- J&K Bank to provide loans to educated unemployed youth: Pandey
- Aasiya, aide booked under PSA
- Zaffar booked under PSA for 'fomenting unrest'
- NC promoting Ikhwan: PDP
- ‘Waqf employees’ salary to be hiked before Eid’
- Nayeem’s judicial remand extended
- Moulana Rehmatullah bereaved
- 744 additional Hajj seats for JK
- Geelani to address congregation today
- PCWF condoles demise
- Students ‘denied’ exam forms
Punjab gives Rs 1 cr for Leh flood affected
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Sept 2: Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah today assured the Shiromani Akali Dal President and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister, Sukhbir Singh Badal that his Government would take all steps to instill More
- Srinagar City
Killings, crackdowns, arrests, protests…
Srinagar, Sept 2: Shahr-e-Khaas could be volcanic hub of the summer Capital. But in the past two months of unrest, the south City seems to have faced more atrocities at the alleged hands of police and More
Jammu, Sept 2: After conducting a survey in Doda to find out the reasons behind the spread of diarrhea, the central team today visited Banihal area which also reported several cases of the gastroenteritis More
- South Asia
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
New Delhi, Sept 2: With only her nomination papers being filed, Sonia Gandhi will be re-elected unopposed as the Congress President for the fourth consecutive term and the announcement is expected to be More