Zaffar booked under PSA for 'fomenting unrest'
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Sept 2: The dossier prepared by police for detaining chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Salvation chairman Zaffar Akbar Bhat under Public Safety Act says that at every available opportunity, he advocated secession of Jammu and Kashmir from India.
Forty -five year old Bhat, who is presently languishing in Kote Balwal jail, was booked under PSA after being arrested in June.
“The subject as chairman of J&K salvation Movement has been issuing regular press statements in terms of the reports received from the discreet sources .The subject is misusing his liberty to foment unrest and incite violence which is aimed at seceding the state of J&K from the union of India,” the order reads.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 2 Sep 2010 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 2 Sep 2010 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 3 Sep 2010 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Govt to instill sense of security among Sikhs: Omar to Badal
- APSCC meets Badal,condemns Kashmir killings
- Yoom-i-Kashmir, Yoom-i-Qudus today: Hurriyat (M)
- J&K Bank to provide loans to educated unemployed youth: Pandey
- Aasiya, aide booked under PSA
- Zaffar booked under PSA for 'fomenting unrest'
- NC promoting Ikhwan: PDP
- ‘Waqf employees’ salary to be hiked before Eid’
- Nayeem’s judicial remand extended
- Moulana Rehmatullah bereaved
- 744 additional Hajj seats for JK
- Geelani to address congregation today
- PCWF condoles demise
- Students ‘denied’ exam forms
Punjab gives Rs 1 cr for Leh flood affected
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Sept 2: Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah today assured the Shiromani Akali Dal President and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister, Sukhbir Singh Badal that his Government would take all steps to instill More
- Srinagar City
Killings, crackdowns, arrests, protests…
Srinagar, Sept 2: Shahr-e-Khaas could be volcanic hub of the summer Capital. But in the past two months of unrest, the south City seems to have faced more atrocities at the alleged hands of police and More
Jammu, Sept 2: After conducting a survey in Doda to find out the reasons behind the spread of diarrhea, the central team today visited Banihal area which also reported several cases of the gastroenteritis More
- South Asia
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
New Delhi, Sept 2: With only her nomination papers being filed, Sonia Gandhi will be re-elected unopposed as the Congress President for the fourth consecutive term and the announcement is expected to be More