Govt revokes Qayoom’s detention
Srinagar, Apr 7: The State Government on Thursday ordered the release of the president of Kashmir Bar Association (KBA), Mian Abdul Qayoom.
The Principal Secretary Home BR Sharma told Greater Kashmir that Government had revoked Qayoom’s detention under Public Safety Act (PSA).
Following the government order the KBA president was released from the Kot Balwal jail, the local news agency KMN added. It said Qayoom was rearrested by the police party from Janipur in connection with a case registered against him.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 7 Apr 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 7 Apr 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 8 Apr 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- VC distributes aid among specially challenged students
- MLA demands complete withdrawal of Dogra Certificate
- Police rebut witness’s claim
- SSB to scan documents of aspirants for teachers post
- RELIEVING OF ASSTT SURGEONS
- DERECOGNITION THREAT LOOMS OVER GMC SRINAGAR
- Govt revokes Qayoom’s detention
- Biscoe, Mallinson Schools hold investiture ceremony
- ASHAs demand release of pending wages
- 'Govt demolishing institutions fighting corruption'
- 'Dogra certificate conspiracy to divide JK on ethno-lingual lines'
- SHOP LOOTED IN SOPORE
- TeM condemns Sidiqui’s detention
- VO registers case against R&B officials
- World Health Day observed
- EJAC (Q) president condemns action against employees
- JKLF concerned over detainees’ condition
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Apr 7: The Vice-Chancellor of University of Kashmir Professor Riyaz Punjabi Thursday distributed cheques, worth Rs three lakhs among differently abled students of the KU, at More
- Srinagar City
ON MERE ‘HEARSAY’ COMPLAINTS, APPOINTS SMC JT COMM TO INQUIRE POISONING OF SOME STRAY PACK
Srinagar, Apr 7: At a time when dog menace has assumed alarming proportions with humans often felling prey to the deadly bites, the government seems to have gone concerned towards the animals by ordering More
JUSTICE SAGHEER PANEL REPORT
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Apr 7: Jammu and Kashmir Government Thursday extended the term of the Cabinet Sub-Committee constituted for examining the recommendations of Working Group on State-Center relationship. Official More
Srinagar, Apr 7: On the world health day, Director Health services Kashmir today organised a seminar at Iqbal Memorial Institute Bemina Srinagar. The theme of the seminar ‘Combat drug Resistance’ More
Govt, meat dealers adamant
Srinagar, Apr 7: While the prolonged strike of mutton dealers has put the common consumers in the Valley to a lot of convenience, the government as well as the dealers are adamant to budge from their respective More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Tokyo/Fukushima, Apr 7: Japan's quake-devastated northeast faced a fresh tsunami alert today after a massive 7.4 magnitude temblor shook the region, as engineers pumped in nitrogen into a reactor at the More