3 women commit suicide in Valley
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, July 31: Three women, including a teenage girl, ended their lives by at different places in the Valley, police said on Sunday.
A 22-year old girl of Panzalpora, Baramulla in north Kashmir consumed some poisonous substance at her home and was shifted to SMHS, Srinagar for treatment, where she died, a police spokesman said.
He said another 60-year woman of Wagila, Baramulla consumed poison and was shifted to Srinagar for treatment, where she died.
Another 16-year old girl of Yaripora, Kulgam in south Kashmir consumed some poisonous substance last night. She was rushed to the hospital where doctors declared her brought dead.
The spokesman said that police have registered separate cases and started investigations to ascertain the motive behind the women taking such an extreme step.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 31 Jul 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 1 Aug 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- 3 women commit suicide in Valley
- Charri Mubarak taken to Srinagar temple
- Govt earmarks Rs 10,000 for JK medical sub-centres
- Boy killed, 6 hurt in road accidents
- Pursue higher studies in sciences to deal with challenges: Vohra
- KUTA felicitates Prof Talat
- Police solves burglary case, arrest 2
- Govt will universalise education in JK: Peerzada
- Rs 63 crore Ganderbal annual plan approved
- UJC rules out Ramadan ceasefire
- NC district prez threatens GK Reporter
- Contractual lecturers’ hunger strike on
- 15- years on, Bandipora farmers await compensation
- ‘Docs don’t visit G B Panth wards on Sundays’
- ‘Provide best medicare to patients’
- Taj lays foundation of Rs 13 cr Devsar filtration plant
- Science exhibition organised by New Bonvivant School
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, July 31: Three women, including a teenage girl, ended their lives by at different places in the Valley, police said on Sunday. A 22-year old girl of Panzalpora, Baramulla in north Kashmir More
- Srinagar City
Five years on, two mile Shalteng stretch awaits widening
Srinagar, July 31: Not only the City but even all roads leading to the summer Capital seem to be in a mess. If Pantha Chowk square, Valley’s sole link to south Kashmir and Jammu faces chronic gridlocks More
JPPF, NPSU continue hunger strike
CENTRAL UNIVERSITY ROW
Jammu, July 31: After Bar Association Jammu and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI) Jammu on Sunday joined the movement for setting up of Jammu Central University and More
- South Asia
REZAUL H LASKAR
Islamabad, July 31: The CIA station chief in Islamabad, who oversaw the team that spotted Osama bin Laden, has left Pakistanfor medical reasons amid "extremely tense" ties with the ISI head, the More
INDO ASIAN NEWS SERVICE
London, July 31: Anders Breivik, the lone man arrested for killing 77 people in two terror attacks in Norway, rang up the police after the deadly massacre and said: "This is Brigadier Breivik - mission More