Dr Farooq urges India, Pak to resolve all outstanding issues
Srinagar, Aug 14: Felicitating the people of India and Pakistan on their Independence Days, National Conference President Farooq Abdullah today appealed to the leadership of the two countries to cement their relations and resolve all outstanding issues between them.
"We urge leadership of India and Pakistan, who were part of a single country in the past, to work together and try to address all outstanding issues so that the people of the region including Kashmiris could enjoy peace, prosperity and development," Dr Abdullah said in his felicitation message to New Delhi and Islamabad.
The Union minister said the people of undivided India -- irrespective of creed, cast and religion -- gave supreme sacrifices for the independence of the country and it is our duty to respect the sacrifices and live together peacefully.
"Peace, communal harmony and living honourably are the hallmark of lively nations," he said, adding, "We need to desist from politics of hatred, communal tension and self interest."
The people of both the countries especially Kashmiris are desirous of living a peaceful life and want India and Pakistan to further strengthen their friendship, he said.
Asserting that NC founder Sheikh Muhammad Abdullah had raised the slogan "Strong Pakistan is in the interest of strong India", Dr Abdullah said his party would continue to work as a bridge between New Delhi and Islamabad.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 14 Aug 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 14 Aug 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 15 Aug 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Educationist who never went to school
- Meet legitimate demands of striking teachers: Hurriyat (G) to Govt
- Dr Farooq urges India, Pak to resolve all outstanding issues
- Assembly session in last week of Sept
- Governor reviews post-Yatra cleanliness drive
- Judicial Academy holds lecture on time management
- JKMPLB fixes Rs 30 as Sadqa Fitr
- G H Mir for dignified life to JK people
- Give drugs, free treatment to gastroenteritis patients in Chrar-e-Sharief: Rather
- Labourer killed in cement factory
- Gurez - Bandipore road in shambles
- Work resumes on Qazigund-Banihal tunnel
- CM’s GOLD MEDAL FOR 6 OFFICERS
- 20 police officers nominated for Sher-i-Kashmir Police Medal
- Vohra for promotion of Kashmiriyat
Srinagar, Aug 14: His doctorate is enough to convey that 35-year-old Regional Director IGNOU is a well educated man. But what is astonishing about Dr Mirza Nehal Ahmed Baig is that he never went to a formal More
- Srinagar City
WHERE DID ‘TARZAN, THE WONDER CAR’ GO?
Srinagar, Aug 14: At a time when police and paramilitary CRPF have intensified day and night patrol, car and bike lifters have gone active putting a question mark on Aam Aadmi’s security in the summer More
GK NEWS NETWORK
JAMMU, Aug 14: Tight security arrangements have been made in Jammu, including the areas in and around the mini-stadium, the venue of I-Day function, to avoid any untoward incident. Additional deployment More
- South Asia
Lahore, Aug 14: Former Pakistani premier Nawaz Sharif has said the day is not far off when a commission will be set up to probe the Kargil "misadventure" in 1999, which had stabbed in the back the peace More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Beijing, Aug 14: Succumbing to mass protests, Chinese authorities today ordered an immediate shut down of a chemical plant in northeastern Dalian city after a toxic pollution scare sparked urgent More