Mirwaiz Yousuf Shah’s death anniversary observed
Srinagar, Aug 18: The 44th death anniversary of Mirwaiz Moulana Muhammad Yousuf Shah was observed on Thursday on either side of line of control with full reverence and devotion.
Jammu and Kashmir Awami Action Committee, at its central office Mirwaiz Manzil here and all districts offices today, organized Quran Khawani and Fateh Khawani for late Mirwaiz. A meeting was also organized after Zuhr prayers at historical Aali Masjid, Eid Gah, here with Hurriyat Conference (M) Mirwaiz Dr Moulvi Muhammad Umar Farooq in chair where rich tributes were paid to late Mirwaiz and special prayers offered for him. Prominent Ulema, religious and political leaders were also present on the occasion.
Speaking on the occasion, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq threw a detailed light on the life and religious, social and political services of late Mirwaiz. He said the biggest tribute to Muffasir-i -Quran and Mahajir-i-Millat was to take his mission to its logical end.
Others who also spoke on the occasion include Aga Syed Al-Moosvi Al-Sufvi, Moulana Gazi Moin-ul—Islam Nadvi, Moulana Khursheed Ahmad Kanoon Goo, Moulana Lal Din, G M Shah and Ghulam Nabi Zaki. They paid glowing tributes to late Mirwaiz, saying he always supported the truth and fought against the falsehood.
It may be recalled here that according to Muslim Yearbook his (Mirwaiz) death anniversary is observed every year on 16th and 17th of Ramadan respectively on the either sides of line of control. He had been twice the president of Pakistani administered Kashmir in 1952 and 1956 respectively. The veteran political and religious scholar breathed his last on 7th December 1968 in Rawalpindi and was later buried at Upper Adda graveyard, opposite to the University Campus in Muzaffarabad.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 18 Aug 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 19 Aug 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Former NC MLC defies court directions
- Assailants attack family, 5 injured
- Pakal Dul power project construction takes off
- Mirwaiz Yousuf Shah’s death anniversary observed
- Dr Farooq, Omar pay tributes
- Rather upset over slow work on Chrar-e-Sharief shrine
- Water scarcity hits Bandipore villages
- 4 Hizb militants surrender, claims Police
- Jammu police takes credit
- Aasiya produced before CJM
- Fix salary for private school teachers: Senior Citizens to govt
- Govt approves upgradation of 3 middle schools in Leh
- Nayeem stopped from visiting Sopore: JKNF
- Altaf inaugurates Hangul breeding centre
- Shabir releases 3 Pahari publications
- Seek info about EPICs: RTI Movement to people
- JKLF (R) commemorates foundation day
- 2 killed, 6 hurt in road accidents
- Check overloading, vehicle fitness regularly: LC panel
- Leh post office turned into TPO
- Give priority to land, water management in Wullar conservation: CS
Constructing hut in Pahalgam; PDA assures action
Srinagar, Aug 18: Throwing rules and court direction to the winds, a former legislator of ruling National Conference (NC) is constructing a hut at world famous tourist resort of Pahalgam in south More
- Srinagar City
While City centre is expected to attract six lakh vehicles, will admin prepare to streamline huge rush, or be caught napping again?
GK CITY CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, Aug 18: At a time when routine rush of three odd lakh vehicles leaves the City centre roads chocked what will be the scene when the flow doubles? Well, this nightmarish query is expected to a More
Magisterial probe ordered; Police to hold internal probe
SYED AMJAD SHAH
Jammu, Aug 18: An alleged cross border narco smuggler died in police custody here on Thursday evoking strong protest from the family members. Though the police said that the detainee, Safru Ram, committed More
- South Asia
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Karachi, Aug 18: At least 42 people, including a popular former MP of the ruling PPP, were killed in a fresh outbreak of violence unleashed by criminal gangs in the Pakistani port city of Karachi, where More