HC issues bailable warrant against MD SPCB
NON COMPLIANCE OF COURT ORDERS
ASKS IGP TO EXECUTE
D A RASHID
Srinagar, Aug 22: High Court has issued a bailable warrant against the Managing director of State Pollution Control Board (SPCB), directing the Inspector General of Police Kashmir to execute the warrant against the official.
ďIssue bailable warrant in the sum of Rs 10,000 against the Managing Director of State Pollution Control Board, which shall go for execution to IGP Kashmir,Ē reads the Court order.
Court of Justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir after hearing arguments of the counsel for the petitioners, Muhammad Iqbal Dar, counsel for the private respondents, N A Tabassum and defendant of the government, Deputy Advocate General, N H Shah, observed that MD PCB had failed to comply with orders passed by the court earlier.
The petitioners had challenged the operation of Joinery Mills at Narbal in central Kashmirís Budgam district on the grounds that the units had not obtained the No Objection Certificate from the SPCB and were running illegally causing pollution in the area.
The Court had passed an order on July 25 in which the MD SPCB was asked to file affidavit indicating what action he had taken in pursuance of the court order of December 7, 2009.
Taking a strong view of the non compliance of its orders, the court has issued a bailable warrant against MD PCB.
Lastupdate on : Mon, 22 Aug 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 22 Aug 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 23 Aug 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- JKLF to file PIL in Supreme Court: Malik
- Mirwaiz demands trial of culprits in ICJ
- SHRC revelation tip of iceberg: Hashim
- Mehbooba demands probe
- HC STAYS DOCíS APPOINTMENT
- Community disaster preparedness training begins
- Capacity building material dumped in Rural Development Directorates
- Forest deptt employee kills cubs; authorities mute spectator
- Coalition committed for equitable dev in JK: Tara
- Seasonal mobile teachers appeal CM
- 2 robbers held, fake guns recovered
- Ramesh meets Vohra
- HC issues bailable warrant against MD SPCB
- Tributes paid to Hazrat Ali (RA)
- Follow Hazrat Aliís (RA) footsteps: Dr Farooq
- Leopard kills woman in Handwara
- KU holds Quranic conference
- Zaffar interacts with Pandits at Veesu
- GUV HOSTS IFTAAR
- Usman leads protests against HCC, NHPC
- Kashmiri CRPF man dies in Chhattisgarh
- NIA charges against G M Bhat baseless: Geelani
- TENSION IN KARGIL
- DDK artists demand payments
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Aug 22: The Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front Muhammad Yasin Malik on Monday announced that the Front would very soon file a Public Interest Litigation in the Supreme Court regarding More
- Srinagar City
Facility to prove boon for tourism sector: CM
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Aug 22: Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah inaugurated Floating Post Office-cum-Museum and flagged off Srinagar-Shopian Mail Van here Monday evening, facilities created by the Post and Telegraph Department More