KU holds Quranic conference
Srinagar, Aug 22: Kashmir Universityís Iqbal Institute of Culture and philosophy organized a day long Quran conference in the seminar hall of the distance education directorate in which religious scholars threw light on various shades of Quranic teachings under the theme ĎImpact of Quran on the philosophy of poet philosopher Iqbalí.
Central University, vice-chancellor, Prof Abdul Wahid Qureshi who presided over the event praised the way Iqbal Institute had over the years been able to research on the life and works of Iqbal.
The holy Quran, said Prof Wahid, said is the book of guidance for humanity. He appreciated the Institute for having been able to gather prominent scholars to speak on this subject during the day long conference.
Prof Bashir Ahmad Nehvi, director Iqbal institute of culture and philosophy said there was need for understanding the Quran in broader context.
He said Quran being the word of Allah contains infinite wisdom in it and in order to really benefit from it, one is expected to ponder and reflect upon its Ayats.
Others who spoke on the occasion were Prof. Margoob Banhali, Prof Taskeena Fazil faculty Iqbal institute, Dr Majeed Indrabi, Prof Hameed Naseem Rafiabadi, Dr Mushtaq Ahmad Ganaie, Dr Shahnaz Iqbal Qureshi, Inayat Rasool, Ajaz Ahmad Lone and Zareef Ahmad Zareef.
Lastupdate on : Mon, 22 Aug 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 22 Aug 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 23 Aug 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- JKLF to file PIL in Supreme Court: Malik
- Mirwaiz demands trial of culprits in ICJ
- SHRC revelation tip of iceberg: Hashim
- Mehbooba demands probe
- HC STAYS DOCíS APPOINTMENT
- Community disaster preparedness training begins
- Capacity building material dumped in Rural Development Directorates
- Forest deptt employee kills cubs; authorities mute spectator
- Coalition committed for equitable dev in JK: Tara
- Seasonal mobile teachers appeal CM
- 2 robbers held, fake guns recovered
- Ramesh meets Vohra
- HC issues bailable warrant against MD SPCB
- Tributes paid to Hazrat Ali (RA)
- Follow Hazrat Aliís (RA) footsteps: Dr Farooq
- Leopard kills woman in Handwara
- KU holds Quranic conference
- Zaffar interacts with Pandits at Veesu
- GUV HOSTS IFTAAR
- Usman leads protests against HCC, NHPC
- Kashmiri CRPF man dies in Chhattisgarh
- NIA charges against G M Bhat baseless: Geelani
- TENSION IN KARGIL
- DDK artists demand payments
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Aug 22: The Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front Muhammad Yasin Malik on Monday announced that the Front would very soon file a Public Interest Litigation in the Supreme Court regarding More
- Srinagar City
Facility to prove boon for tourism sector: CM
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Aug 22: Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah inaugurated Floating Post Office-cum-Museum and flagged off Srinagar-Shopian Mail Van here Monday evening, facilities created by the Post and Telegraph Department More