Donít use drinking water for toilets, lawns: Taj to hoteliers
Srinagar, Aug 23: Minister for Public Health Engineering, Irrigation & Flood Control, Taj Mohi ud Din today asked the hotel and restaurant owners not to use drinking water in lawns and toilets.
Interacting with a deputation of Hotel and Restaurant Owners Federation led by Mushtaq Ahmad Burza here this morning, Taj advised them to establish shallow hand pumps in the premises of their hotels and restaurants.
Taj also stressed the need for conservation of water in view of the depleting sources of water.
He said the treatment cost of potable water was very high and it needs to be conserved for drinking use only.
Taj gave six months time to Hotel and Restaurant owners Federation for digging shallow hand pumps in their premises for cleaning and maintenance purposes.
He assured the deputation that water meters wonít be installed at their units for a period of six months and issued directions to the concerned in the Department, accordingly.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 23 Aug 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 24 Aug 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- File status report of extradition: Court to IGP
- Court quashes 7 PSA detentions
- HCC crusher creates havoc in Bandipore
- 2 militants killed in Handwara
- One more militant killed in Gurez, toll 14
- Asiya taken to SKIMS Soura for medical check up
- Youm-i-Kashmir, Youm-i-Quds on Friday: Hurriyat (M)
- Army organizes Iftaar parties
- Donít use drinking water for toilets, lawns: Taj to hoteliers
- Nayeem for probe into unmarked graves
- Afforestation, conservation main objective of forest department: Altaf
- LA panel concerned over frequent mishaps in erstwhile Doda
- Allot funds as per area development: LA Panel
- Disaster preparedness training concludes
JALEEL ANDRABI MURDER CASE
D A RASHID
Srinagar, Aug 23: A local Court on Wednesday asked the Inspector General of Crime and Railways to file the status report of extradition proceedings of Major Avtar Singh, accused of killing noted More
- Srinagar City
'Original architecture kept intact, structure to be earthquake resistant'
Srinagar, Aug 23: The Jammu and Kashmir Government has taken an initiative of renovating the shrine of the first Muslim saint of Kashmir Hazrat Bulbul Shah (RA). The shrine is one of the oldest monuments More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Aug 23: Sleuths of Vigilance and Inspection wing of Commercial Taxes on Tuesday imposed a penalty of Rs 5.65, lakh on a tax evader in Nai Basti area, sources said. They said that an input was More
- South Asia
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Karachi, Aug 23: Pakistan's financial hub shut down completely today, along with other areas of Sindh province, answering an MQM call for a day of mourning and protest against the raging political-ethnic More
Cairo, Aug 23: Forty-eight hours after rebel forces stormed into Libyan capital, Tripoli, the country's strongman Muammar Gaddafi remained untraced despite NATO powers deploying a "full array" of surveillance More