Youm-i-Kashmir, Youm-i-Quds on Friday: Hurriyat (M)
Srinagar, Aug 23: Keeping up with its tradition, the Hurriyat Conference (M) has decided to observe the forthcoming Jumat-ul-Vida as Youm-i-Kashmir and Youm-i-Quds to draw the international attention to issues of Kashmir and Palestine.
ďThe Hurriyat chairman, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq will throw a detailed light on these issues at central Jamia Masjid, Srinagar, on Friday and other amalgam leaders would also speak on the issues at different shrines, Masjids and Imambaras on the same day. A resolution prepared by the Hurriyat will also be adopted and passed by the people at these places,Ē said a spokesman of the Hurriyat in a statement.
Meanwhile, Hurriyat has expressed sorrow over the killing of a woman, who is mother of five children, and injuries sustained by her husband in an incident of cross firing between armed forces and militants in a forest area of Handwara.
The Hurriyat spokesman expressed apprehension that the woman was killed while being used allegedly as a human shield by the forces during the encounter. He has demanded immediate enquiry into the matter to bring the facts before the people.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 23 Aug 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 24 Aug 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- File status report of extradition: Court to IGP
- Court quashes 7 PSA detentions
- HCC crusher creates havoc in Bandipore
- 2 militants killed in Handwara
- One more militant killed in Gurez, toll 14
- Asiya taken to SKIMS Soura for medical check up
- Youm-i-Kashmir, Youm-i-Quds on Friday: Hurriyat (M)
- Army organizes Iftaar parties
- Donít use drinking water for toilets, lawns: Taj to hoteliers
- Nayeem for probe into unmarked graves
- Afforestation, conservation main objective of forest department: Altaf
- LA panel concerned over frequent mishaps in erstwhile Doda
- Allot funds as per area development: LA Panel
- Disaster preparedness training concludes
JALEEL ANDRABI MURDER CASE
D A RASHID
Srinagar, Aug 23: A local Court on Wednesday asked the Inspector General of Crime and Railways to file the status report of extradition proceedings of Major Avtar Singh, accused of killing noted More
- Srinagar City
'Original architecture kept intact, structure to be earthquake resistant'
Srinagar, Aug 23: The Jammu and Kashmir Government has taken an initiative of renovating the shrine of the first Muslim saint of Kashmir Hazrat Bulbul Shah (RA). The shrine is one of the oldest monuments More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Aug 23: Sleuths of Vigilance and Inspection wing of Commercial Taxes on Tuesday imposed a penalty of Rs 5.65, lakh on a tax evader in Nai Basti area, sources said. They said that an input was More
- South Asia
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Karachi, Aug 23: Pakistan's financial hub shut down completely today, along with other areas of Sindh province, answering an MQM call for a day of mourning and protest against the raging political-ethnic More
Cairo, Aug 23: Forty-eight hours after rebel forces stormed into Libyan capital, Tripoli, the country's strongman Muammar Gaddafi remained untraced despite NATO powers deploying a "full array" of surveillance More