Artillery Brigade hosts Iftaar party in Kupwara
GK NEWS NETWORK
Kupwara, Aug 28: The Thunderbolt Artillery Brigade of Army hosted an Iftaar party in this frontier district on Sunday, a defence spokesman said.
He said the large number of people, including members of civil society, government officials and opinion makers of Drugmulla and adjoining areas attended the party.
“Commander Thunderbolt Artillery Brigade graced the occasion and conveyed his blessings and good wishes to the people and prayed for an atmosphere of harmony, trust and peace to prevail,” the spokesman said.
He said the occasion provided an excellent platform for Army, JKP and government officials and newly elected Sarpanchs and Panchs to interact with each other and with the people.
The Deputy Commissioner Kupwara, according to the spokesman, expressed satisfaction about the close relationship between the Army, District administration, Police, paramilitary force and people.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 28 Aug 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 28 Aug 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 29 Aug 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Settlement assistants seek salary hike
- Sopore town victim of discrimination,official apathy
- Govt hospitals run unregistered diagnostic centers
- 11 injured in road mishaps
- Ruhullah unveils New Master Plan for Budgam
- Take care of martyrs families on eid: Nayeem
- Govt has failed to protect JK people: Mehbooba
- BLAZE IN DDK’S RECORD ROOM
- KU’s Sanskrit deptt to hold conference from Oct 17
- Family seeks exemplary punishment for killers
- Geelani criticises Dr Farooq’s remarks
- Iftaar parties galore in Valley
- Finally, Govt to establish Juvenile Home
- Incessant rains end dry spell in Kupwara
- ‘Issue travel document to student’
- Artillery Brigade hosts Iftaar party in Kupwara
ACCUSE AUTHORITIES OF INDIFFERENCE
Srinagar, Aug 28: The settlement assistants in the Revenue Department have accused the authorities of ‘pushing them to wall’ by not making amendments in their salary grade from the last ten years. The More
- Srinagar City
For upcoming Eid-Ul-Fitr, shops in this Shahr-e-Khaas commercial hub will remain open till midnight
GK CITY CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, Aug 28: Here’s some good news for Eid-ul-Fitr shoppers who during the Holy month of Ramazan find post Iftaar time convenient for the shopping but the marketplaces are mostly shut. With More
MUBARAK MANDI PALACE VANISHING HERITAGE
Jammu, Aug 28: While the renovation work on historic Mubarak Mandi Palace--once the royal residence of erstwhile Dogra rulers—has been halted due to shortage of funds, the controversial Mubarak Mandi Heritage More
- South Asia
Kathmandu, Aug 28: Against the backdrop of violent protests in Kathmandu and outside, Nepal's former Maoist guerrillas returned to power Sunday, two years after the fall of their first government, with More
Tripoli, Aug 28: Libyan rebels closed in on Muammar Gaddafi's hometown of Sirte from both east and west today, a senior military commander said, as the insurgents scrambled to restore essential services More