Man killed in road accident
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Aug 3: One person was killed and another injured in separate road accident in valley.
A Tata Mobile bearing registration number (JK13A-6450) turned turtle near Zainapora, Shopian, resulting in on the spot death of Fayaz Ahmad Ganaie son of Ghulam Muhammad Ganaie of Chattergam, police said adding the body of the deceased was handed over to family for last rites. Police has registered a case.
A Tipper bearing registration number (JKE-4762) hit and injured a cyclist, Ali Muhammad Chopan son of Ghulam Rasool of Rangee on National Highway near Rangee Tarzoo, Sopore, police ,said adding the wounded had been hospitalized and a case registered.
2 ARRESTED WITH CHARAS
Police in Pampore has arrested two persons recovering about three kilogram of Charas from their possession.
Police intercepted a Sumo bearing registration number (JK05-2502) near Frestabal Pampore and recovered three kilograms of charas from the vehicle.
The driver of the vehicle, Shahnawaz Ahmad Khan son of Abdul Hamid of Dangerpora Baramulla and Mushtaq Ahmad son of Ghulam Nabi of Kaherhama Baramulla were arrested, police said adding a case had been registered.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 3 Aug 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 3 Aug 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 4 Aug 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Sheikh Ghulam Rasool for declaring Gbl areas backward
- Candidates aghast over ‘out of syllabi’ paper
- Work on Kaloosa bridge left midway
- Rationalize funds in each constituency: House Panel
- Div Com reviews progress of NHA-1
- Training prog for Panchs, Sarpanchs soon: Sagar
- Every employee will be made accountable: Sham
- CS chairs meet to discuss modalities
- Senior Citizens resent govt move to install water meters
- Man killed in road accident
- KU to host all India library conference
- DRC for funds to maintain existing godowns
- Court directs SSP to file report in 15 days
- Get yourselves medically examined: SASB to pilgrims
- Farooq hits out at Geelani
- Hurriyat (G) for protests on Friday
- Police bust inter-state drug smugglers gang
- CS for fair implementation of RTI
- Omar lays stress on academic excellence
- US won’t let Kashmiris down: Dr Fai
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Aug 3: The senior National Conference leader and Member of the Legislative Council (MLC) Sheikh Ghulam Rasool on Wednesday urged the State Commission for Backward Classes to include Batapora More
- Srinagar City
Passengers visiting aerodrome face inconvenience due to mess at Hyderpora
Srinagar, Aug 3: A year long delay to get a vital alternative link to Airport Road macadamized may not be that big an issue for the department which miserably failed to complete 18 month Hyderpora flyover More
Leaders To Be Presented Bangles For Keeping mum
CENTRAL UNIVERSITY ROW
GK NEWS NETWORKJammu, Aug 3: With agitation over the delay in making Jammu Central University functional gaining momentum, National Panthers Students Union (NPSU) on Wednesday called for “social boycott More
- South Asia
Dhaka, Aug 3: Bangladesh is likely to soon hand over detained key ULFA leader Anup Chetia to India, which has been pressing for his repatriation for a long time. Home Minister Sahara Khatun stated More
Cairo, Aug 3: Egypt's once all-powerful President Hosni Mubarak today appeared a frail figure as he was wheeled into a courtroom on a stretcher to face trial on charges of corruption and killing protesters More