Dabla nominated ICSSR member
Srinagar, Aug 7: Noted social scientist and Head department of Sociology University of Kashmir Professor Bashir Ahmad Dabla has been nominated as a member of the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR).
The Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) which is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Human Resource Development which plays a pivotal role in promoting and supporting social science research in the country.
The author of numerous research papers Prof Dabla’s findings on issues concerning women and children in contemporary Kashmir have been widely acknowledged by national and international journals has been nominated by the ICCR.
The same organization (ICCR) promotes social science research primarily, by funding research projects and research programmes, supporting research institutes and providing research fellowships of different types.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 7 Aug 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 7 Aug 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 8 Aug 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Pollution hits water chestnut production in Wular
- ITBP FORGETS ITS MAN
- ERA holds workshop on environment, safeguard measures
- 'Wonpora bridge will be thrown open by September'
- Fill post of Punjabi teachers or face protests: APSCC to govt
- We will take time to resolve their issues: Tanveer Jahan
- Youth drowns in Jhelum
- Enumerators, supervisors seek release of honorarium
- Flash floods damage irrigation canals in Kargil
- Hailstorm hits Pul village
- Govt apathy stalled 2010 killings probe: SHRC chairman
- 2 infants die in GB Pant
- Educationist Gh Jeelani passes away
- SAKINA ASKS UNEMPLOYED YOUTH TO SET UP INCOME GENERATING UNITS
- Congress to bring 73rd amendment in Panchayati Raj Act
- Dabla nominated ICSSR member
- Shutdown in parts of old city
- Spurt in infiltration attempts in Kashmir: Army
- 6.30 lakh pilgrims pay obeisance at Amarnath
Bandipora, Aug 7: The increasing pollution in the Asia’s largest fresh water lake, Wular here has adversely affected the production of water chestnut, threatening the livelihood of scores of people.  More
- Srinagar City
Residents aghast, seek fibre glass walling; Will do it, assures minister
Srinagar, Aug 7: At a time when governments even in the metropolitan cities like New Delhi are so sensitive towards people’s privacy living in the vicinity of flyovers, that they got fibre glass walls More
‘PAY IMMEDIATE HEED ON CONSUMER COMPLAINTS’
Jammu, Aug 7: Minister of State for Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution and Power, Shabir Ahmad Khan directed CA&PD authorities to keep close vision on black marketing and undue profiteering at More
- South Asia
Karachi, Aug 7: The death toll in the Lyari building in Karachi collapse rose to 21 as rescuers recovered nine more bodies from the rubble and feared more people, alive or dead, were still under the debris More
Kabul, Aug 7: Insurgents shot down a US military helicopter during fighting in eastern Afghanistan, killing 30 Americans, most of them belonging to the same elite Navy SEALs unit that killed Osama Bin More