Army observes Vijay Diwas
GOC congratulates all ranks for ensuring peaceful 2011
Srinagar, Dec 16: The General Officer Commanding (GOC) of Srinagar based Chinar Corps Lieutenant General S A Hasnain on Friday congratulated all ranks of army for putting in their best efforts to ensure a peaceful 2011 in the Valley.
Speaking on the 40th anniversary of ‘Vijay Diwas,’ that commemorates Indian Army’s victory in the 1971 war, the GOC said “Sacrifices and the glories achieved by the Chinar Corps in the 1971 war will be remembered forever.”
Army’s Srinagar based spokesman said earlier the GOC paid obeisance to the martyrs by laying wreath at the war memorial at Badami Bagh Cantonment.
He said later in the day a special function was organized where the GOC, Chinar Corps felicitated the brave soldier who got wounded during various Counter Insurgency operations in the valley.
Meanwhile the 40th anniversary of “Vijay Diwas” was celebrated in Northern Command at Udhampur with large number of service personnel participating in the event, army’s Udhampur based spokesman said.
Northern Command commemorated the occasion with a wreath-laying ceremony at Dhurva War Memorial by Lt Gen BS Pama, SM, Chief of Staff Northern Command.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 16 Dec 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 17 Dec 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Chandigam to come up as tourist, pilgrimage destination
- 6 yrs on, CIC buildings incomplete in Karnah
- Tangmarg residents demand restoration of Gonipora WSS
- HC directs SIT head to appear in person
- Army observes Vijay Diwas
- Protest against seizure of TeH calendars rocks Islamabad
- PC forms 20-member committee for Baramulla
- HC dismisses ISM doctors petition as premature
- Govt behaving like helpless widow: Mehbooba
- Condemnations pour in against Tariq’s killing
- SHRC ask Govt to file report by Feb 9
- JKSM pays tributes to Shamas-ul-Haq
- ‘Roll out drug policy at earliest’
- JK Police arrest accused from Mumbai
- 1 injured in road mishap
- RTI Movement seeks SIC intervention
- Iram Colony Aishmuqam reels under darkness
Chandigam (Lolab), Dec 16: The Jammu and Kashmir government is developing Chandigam village of Lolab valley in frontier district Kupwara as a major tourist cum pilgrimage destination. As part of More
- Srinagar City
SYED IMRAN ALI HAMDAN
Srinagar, Dec 16: The burglars robbed Nice Computers, a shop at Regal Chowk selling computer gadgets, on the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday. The spot is at a stone’s throw distance from Kothi More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Dec 16: Jammu and Kashmir Governor, N N Vohra, was conferred with the degree of Doctor of Laws, Honoris Causa, by the Panjab University (PU) at its 61st Annual Convocation held at Chandigarh on More