PC forms 20-member committee for Baramulla
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Dec 16: As part of the restructuring process of the party, Peoples Conference on Friday constituted a 20-member committee to pursue party’s agenda in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district, a PC spokesman said.
He said a meeting of the PC workers from Baramulla town was held at the residence of the chairman JK Peoples Conference, Sajad Gani Lone. “The participants deliberated over problems faced by the inhabitants of the town. As part of the restructuring process of the party, the chairman endorsed the new set up formed for Baramulla town,” he added.
The meeting, he said, was also attended by senior PC leader, Rashid Mehmood.
At the conclusion of the workers' meet, advocate Tariq was appointed as the town president for Baramulla town, Altaf Lone was appointed Vice-President for Baramulla town and Kurshid Khan was appointed as the Secretary for Baramulla town. A twenty member town committee was also formed to pursue the agenda of change of the party, he added.
Speaking on the occasion Sajad asked workers to work with dedication towards transforming Baramulla into a prosperous and modern town, befitting its glorious history.
He stressed the need for change. “It is time to go out and make an inclusive push for change. The system of deliverance on the ground is malaised and biased and instead of being based on the considerations of who is poor, needy and deserves justice, is based on the considerations of who voted in favor and who voted against specific parties,” Sajad said.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 16 Dec 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 17 Dec 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Chandigam to come up as tourist, pilgrimage destination
- 6 yrs on, CIC buildings incomplete in Karnah
- Tangmarg residents demand restoration of Gonipora WSS
- HC directs SIT head to appear in person
- Army observes Vijay Diwas
- Protest against seizure of TeH calendars rocks Islamabad
- PC forms 20-member committee for Baramulla
- HC dismisses ISM doctors petition as premature
- Govt behaving like helpless widow: Mehbooba
- Condemnations pour in against Tariq’s killing
- SHRC ask Govt to file report by Feb 9
- JKSM pays tributes to Shamas-ul-Haq
- ‘Roll out drug policy at earliest’
- JK Police arrest accused from Mumbai
- 1 injured in road mishap
- RTI Movement seeks SIC intervention
- Iram Colony Aishmuqam reels under darkness
Chandigam (Lolab), Dec 16: The Jammu and Kashmir government is developing Chandigam village of Lolab valley in frontier district Kupwara as a major tourist cum pilgrimage destination. As part of More
- Srinagar City
SYED IMRAN ALI HAMDAN
Srinagar, Dec 16: The burglars robbed Nice Computers, a shop at Regal Chowk selling computer gadgets, on the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday. The spot is at a stone’s throw distance from Kothi More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Dec 16: Jammu and Kashmir Governor, N N Vohra, was conferred with the degree of Doctor of Laws, Honoris Causa, by the Panjab University (PU) at its 61st Annual Convocation held at Chandigarh on More