Baramulla faces power crisis
Baramulla, Dec 1: Various areas of this north Kashmir district are facing severe power crisis these days.
Residents of Baramulla town, Delina, Pattan and Rafiabad are up in arms against the Power Development Department (PDD). “Metered and non-metered areas are facing almost identical power cuts for past 6-days,” locals told Greater Kashmir.
Power crisis has severely affected the students. “Our preparations have been badly affected due to the non-availability of power,” said a group of students.
When contacted Executive Engineer PDD Baramulla Irshad Ahmad said that electricity has been affected due to the shut down, which is over now. “There is some problem with the 400 KV line and it will be rectified soon,” Ahmad added.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 1 Dec 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 1 Dec 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 2 Dec 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Sarpanchs, Panchs can fine smokers
- HC directs Secretary SSB to appear in person
- Baramulla faces power crisis
- '223 AIDS deaths in JK from 2005'
- Rebelling against nature has landed mankind in trouble: Prof Sofi
- Functions held
- CHILD LABOUR ON RISE IN VALLEY
- Police bust gang of vehicle lifters
- KU to establish consortium to study glaciers: Prof Talat
- 1 killed, 5 hurt in mishaps
- JKP distributes books among students
- PDD daily wagers to go on indefinite strike from Dec 7
- JKLF condemns detention of children
- PEOPLE DEMAND POWER RESTORATION
- Plans to establish schools up to 10+2: GOC Victor Force
- Cong only can address people’s problems: Usman
- ‘Unscrupulous medical shopkeepers booked’
- ‘Implement JK Persons with Disabilities Act 1998 in letter and spirit’
- Shortage of potable water in Pulwama villages
- Wurpash Manigam resent power tariff hike
- Embezzlement of funds detected in SDH Sopore
- Mir castigates HR organizations
- Teachers’ Forum accords send-off to Bhat
Part Of Empowerment Package: Sagar
Srinagar, Dec 1: Under pressure from various quarters to empower Panchayats in Jammu and Kashmir, government on Thursday said that newly elected Panchs and Sarpanchs have been empowered to impose fine More
- Srinagar City
Residents awaken SMC, make civic body issue public notice for check on newly constructed building usage
GK CITY CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, Dec 1: Something what is popular as Halla Bol, elsewhere in India, has worked in this summer Capital at-least in a bid to prevent further commercialization of residential colony: Karan Nagar More