Cong only can address people’s problems: Usman
Kudara (Bandipore), Dec 1: Senior Congress leader and Ex- minister Usman Majeed on Thursday said that Congress only can address problems of the people.
“Development activities in the district have slowed down during past three years and it has added to the problems of the people. Congress alone can solve the difficulties of people as it believes that service to the people is essence of politics,” Usman said while addressing a gathering here in north Kashmir.
Taking a dig at local MLA for what he said, “failing to address” the problems of people, Usman said, “It is awful that the local legislators has failed to live upto the expectations of the people.”
Usman said the people were disappointed with the PDP and NC. “People choose PDP in last elections in the area now they are regretting their decision. The local MLA is using his approach to send his children to foreign countries. He is least bothered about the people who voted for him. He has not been able to even provide them with a ration store,” he said.
He urged people to come forward and strengthen the hands of Congress in the area.
Majeed while said that he would take up the matter like construction of road, provision of Medical centre and proper drinking water to the area vigorously with the concerned authorities.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 1 Dec 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 1 Dec 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 2 Dec 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Sarpanchs, Panchs can fine smokers
- HC directs Secretary SSB to appear in person
- Baramulla faces power crisis
- '223 AIDS deaths in JK from 2005'
- Rebelling against nature has landed mankind in trouble: Prof Sofi
- Functions held
- CHILD LABOUR ON RISE IN VALLEY
- Police bust gang of vehicle lifters
- KU to establish consortium to study glaciers: Prof Talat
- 1 killed, 5 hurt in mishaps
- JKP distributes books among students
- PDD daily wagers to go on indefinite strike from Dec 7
- JKLF condemns detention of children
- PEOPLE DEMAND POWER RESTORATION
- Plans to establish schools up to 10+2: GOC Victor Force
- Cong only can address people’s problems: Usman
- ‘Unscrupulous medical shopkeepers booked’
- ‘Implement JK Persons with Disabilities Act 1998 in letter and spirit’
- Shortage of potable water in Pulwama villages
- Wurpash Manigam resent power tariff hike
- Embezzlement of funds detected in SDH Sopore
- Mir castigates HR organizations
- Teachers’ Forum accords send-off to Bhat
Part Of Empowerment Package: Sagar
Srinagar, Dec 1: Under pressure from various quarters to empower Panchayats in Jammu and Kashmir, government on Thursday said that newly elected Panchs and Sarpanchs have been empowered to impose fine More
- Srinagar City
Residents awaken SMC, make civic body issue public notice for check on newly constructed building usage
GK CITY CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, Dec 1: Something what is popular as Halla Bol, elsewhere in India, has worked in this summer Capital at-least in a bid to prevent further commercialization of residential colony: Karan Nagar More